Official Statement from the Bledsaw Family

Archived Judges Guild posts.
WereSteve
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Official Statement from the Bledsaw Family

Post by WereSteve »

Dear Guildmembers and Fellow Gamers,

It is with deepest regret that I announce that the Judges Guild's President, Bob Bledsaw has been struggling against terminal cancer, and has but a short time left with us. He is in good spirits, with house in order, and is ready to begin "the Great Adventure," as he calls it.

For those of you who have been awaiting new products; it may take some time. The Guild will go through some changes as it is passed to his three sons. They have only begun to go through his writings and unfinished works, which there is much of. They do not plan to close or reduce the Guild, and will do their best to honor any existing contracts, and persue new product ventures, as time allows.

Calls, cards and flowers are not needed, but prayers for Bob, or a pause for reflection on a time when the Guild brought you some joy, is very much appreciated. Bob loved to see happy faces around the game-table, and doesn't wish to sadden anyone with his passing. His family and friends wish to thank everyone for all the support offered, but nothing can help this situation.

As Bob would say, "Sometimes even the Dungeon Master could use a Saving Throw."

With Regards,
Maed Makistakator
Bob Bledsaw Jr.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

I just discovered JG. We are playing one of the modules this monday coming up. We've had tons of fun playing it so far these past three weeks.
Thank you, Bob Bledsaw!
Roll for initiative!!!
robertsconley
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by robertsconley »

The man and his works gave a lot of people fun and joy over the years.

My prayers are with him and his family.
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

A Shame

Post by tadk »

I remember buying City State of the Invincible Overlord when it was new
I still have it
this is how long i have appreciated Judges Guild

My sincere regards to your father

Tad
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

We're all wishing for the best for Bob and his family.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

My home group wishes to express a heartfelt thank you to Bob and his family for all the years of adventure and joy. Entire generations of gamers grew up in your worlds, and we're forever in your debt.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by James Mishler »

Hi folks,

If you have received Bob's hospital number recently from Noble Knight Games, please do NOT call him! Posting this number was a terrible mistake. He's in radiation therapy every day, and needs his rest. If he's always getting calls, he will get no rest, which means his health will suffer!

If an when it is okay to call Bob, I will get a statement from the family to that effect.

If anyone can contact Lou Zocchi (I don't have his number) tell him to PLEASE stop giving Bob's number out to everyone!
James Mishler
Personal Gameblog: http://adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

New statement from the Bledsaw family

Post by James Mishler »

Hello All,

Of late, Bob has been at the mercy of the telephone calls which have been coming in.

It is really no one's fault, simply the success of the Guild, and the writing he did. It compells fans of his work to make a token show of respect, and they have said many kind things.

Although, it has troubled his sleep, and taxed his strength; he holds no hard feelings.

I asked if perhaps he wanted to make a statement of his own, and if so, what would it be?

To this he simply replied,"Frodo Lives!"

And so he does.

Bob Jr.
James Mishler
Personal Gameblog: http://adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
jfall
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by jfall »

I'm always saddened to hear that a luminary of one sort or another has taken ill. Be it in the music, game, or sports realm.... It just drives the point home that all is ephemeral.

But Bob's works on the other hand are eternal! He's done so much for this industry that words pale in comparison. All I can say is...

“The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.”

- J. R. R. Tolkien
"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."

Kurt Vonnegut
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Very fitting jfall.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!

Return to “Archived Judges Guild”