Convention Games

Are you new to DCC? Are you loaded down with questions to ask before you begin play? Explore this section for answers and insights -- and ask your own questions -- about getting started with the Dungeon Crawl Classics Roleplaying Game...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

WhiteLily
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Madness Games

Convention Games

Post by WhiteLily »

Hey there,

I was involved in the Pathfinder Society for several years. People really enjoyed creating characters that they could take from game to game.

Towards that end, I've started hosting Character Funnels for players to create level 0 characters and see if they can survive. We had our first session and I put the surviving characters in a Google sheet in case anyone wanted to take them to another game.

I see that Bride of Cyclops is coming up. How do judges handle characters for games that are anything beyond first level? It it pregens for everyone?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Convention Games

Post by GnomeBoy »

I think, broadly speaking, most if not all games have pre-generated characters for players, but if someone already had a character they wanted to bring in, they probably could. DCC seems to attract flexible people...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

Pre-gens. For the love of all that is holy, pre-gens.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I tend to use pregens, but I have no problem with a player bringing a character to the table. Magic items may, or may not, work the way that player anticipates.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
WhiteLily
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Madness Games

Post by WhiteLily »

I appreciate your feedback.

I can say from experience that players are much more involved in characters that have some continuity from game to game and will do my best to publish the characters for them to refer to and use.

Return to “DCC College - New Judges Start Here”