That dice chain

Are you new to DCC? Are you loaded down with questions to ask before you begin play? Explore this section for answers and insights -- and ask your own questions -- about getting started with the Dungeon Crawl Classics Roleplaying Game...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: That dice chain

Post by GnomeBoy »

Oh yeah, multicolored is definitely another way to go! The only reason that (most of) my DCC dice are all of a color is because most of what's been sold has been one-color sets.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The solution is always "buy more dice."
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
AMLopez
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: DragonFly Games

Post by AMLopez »

Raven_Crowking wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:50 pm The solution is always "buy more dice."
And, if you want to be more specific
“C'mon kid. Think a minute, even if it hurts.”
― Robert Lynn Asprin, Another Fine Myth
little witch maus
Gongfarmer
FLGS: the citadel

Post by little witch maus »

i was really leery of it, at first, and thought it was an unnecessary affection that overcomplicated play but i quickly grew to love it and feel it definitely adds character to the game (and i'm the only one in my group that has the full dice set, everyone else uses apps for the weird ones.)
3rik
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Never Never Land

Post by 3rik »

finarvyn wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:37 am
GnomeBoy wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:19 pm
3rik wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:02 pm I like the dice chain and bought a set of the "weird" dice. However, I have trouble telling some of the dice apart quickly. Any tips?
If I'm using a set of all the same color, I still sometimes mix up the d14 and d16 -- so I just sort those out ahead of time, set them on their top numbers, and don't have them next to each other.
Well, this may only help me, but... I started playing OD&D when the d4's were yellow, d6's orange, d8's green, d12's blue, and d20's white. What I did was buy individual dice in similar colors if possible, so that my d16's were the same green as my d8's and my d24's were blue like my d12's.

So you might try something similar, only with whatever color scheme you like better.
If I had thought of this problem I would have gotten a set of different color ones. One color scheme looks cooler, but now I basically need one of them dice trays to keep them sorted by number of sides at all times. And those are impossible to come by here, unless you're prepared to pay a ton of shipping.
invidus es nostris quoniam tu talia nescis

"It's said that governments are chiefed by the double tongues" - Ten Bears (The Outlaw Josey Wales)

@RPGbericht

Return to “DCC College - New Judges Start Here”