Castles & Crusades

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Barrataria
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Castles & Crusades

Post by Barrataria »

I wanted to recommend these rules highly to everyone here, especially those that are fans of the Dungeon Crawl Classics. The rules are light but apply well to any situation that a DM could face. The new old classes are interestingly rendered and immediately evoke campaign ideas, at least to me.

I certainly hope the Goodman crew is going to think about releasing modules for C&C.... :wink:

BB
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

We've been talking to the Trolls about doing some DCC conversions for C&C, at the very least, and maybe some modules. Stay tuned...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Dee
Far-Sighted Wanderer

C&C

Post by Dee »

How much would the conversion affect the tone of the modules?

I've debated on checking out C&C, but I hear that a revised printing is in order.

I don't play with anything other than the core books (aside from a Conan game once in awhile), so I'm not sure if it's really even worth checking out anyway.

Thanks for the great modules!
Dungeon Crawl Classics and Necromancer Games are all I purchase for D&D (again, except for Conan--but that's not really D&D).

Now if C&C got rid of the sillyness quotient of D&D spellcasting, I would look into it. I personally like the LOTR system... but that's me. :P
vfults
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by vfults »

The old school style of DCCs fit perfectly with C&C's rules-lite approach. I've been using DDC with C&C for the last few months; conversions between systems is a breeze.

Regards,

V
"It is a mistake to bow to the wishes of munchkins who whine." --E Gary Gygax

Return to “Goodman Games General”