Wow, and where is everybody?

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Barrataria
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Wow, and where is everybody?

Post by Barrataria »

I just got the Sunless Garden the other day, and it looks great. I have looked at GG stuff several times, but have been gun-shy after having bought loads o junk that looked like 1E but smelled like garbage when opened.

I'm pretty shocked to see such a small forum for such cool products which seem to sell pretty well (couldn't find any on ebay even!).

Keep up the Dungeon Crawl Classics, please!

Bruce B.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I'm glad you're getting good vibes from Sunless Garden! The author, Brendan LaSalle, is a really cool guy and also the man behind XCrawl. If you like Sunless Garden, check out XCrawl at http://www.pandahead.com .

As for posts, yeah, you're right. Based on our sales numbers, there should be a LOT more people posting here about the DCC's. I guess they're all too busy playing the modules... :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I bought Sunless Garden on Saturday as well as The Dragonfiend Pact. Read both of them over the weekend. They are great modules. Everyone of Goodman Games DCCs are outstanding.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

GG products

Post by Harley Stroh »

Back in the day it seemed like I never had enough money to afford all the gaming products I really, really wanted. But then came the 2nd Ed. watershed and that feeling just sort of faded away.

Last night I was in the local store and put in my order for BLACKMOOR. And damn if I didn't fondle DRAGONMECH for 1/2 an hour trying decide if I should buy that instead.

It's been a long time since I've had that sort of crisis.

It's good to be back. :)
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

Fondling gaming products is thankful still not a crime in most states.
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Chris McCoy wrote:Fondling gaming products is thankful still not a crime in most states.
As long as it's all between consenting adults ... ew, nevermind.

Anyhow, in a cruel twist of fate, I ended up going back and buying DragonMech the next week, and the folks at the gaming store couldn't seem to get a copy of the coveted Blackmoor CS. In the end I had to go directly to the source. :)

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

I just got a look at the Blackmoor setting. Very, very interesting.

Definitely worth considering. But man, Dragonmech....now that's pretty cool!
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Yeah, I remember when I saw my first DragonMech ad on the Goodman Games site.

The concept was soooo cool, and made so much sense, I was left cursing myself that I didn't think of it.

Now, owning the book and completely dazzled by the execution, I'm thanking the powers that I didn't come up with it ....

...'cause I could have done it this well.

Return to “Goodman Games General”