Subscription service??? Hot dang!!

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ChristinaStiles »

Treebore wrote:I lived in Charleston, SC until December of last year. Closing on my house there next week (I hope!).

Where are you at Christina?
I'm in York, SC (upper west SC, not too far from Charlotte, NC).
Christina Stiles
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle, DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut, DCC #49: Palace in the Wastes; Dragonmech: The Last City, 2nd Age of Walkers, Steam Warriors
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I think the closest I got to you was going up to the area around Clemson for a long weekend.

Oh well. I guess we never crossed paths then.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Does the subscription include th reprints next month? I just wanna know for budget purposes. I will count them as my christmas present :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

PeelSeel2 wrote:Does the subscription include th reprints next month? I just wanna know for budget purposes. I will count them as my christmas present :)
Good question. Here's the answer to this and some related questions:

Reprints: The subscription service does NOT include the reprints. Some subscribers may already have those DCC's, so I want to avoid accidental duplication.

DCC World Maps: The subscription service also does not include the world maps. Again, some subscribers may have the world maps as part of their boxed set.

Hope that helps -- let me know if there are any other questions.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

JediOre wrote:I'm with you Superfan.

It would be a shame to not stop by A to Z Comics to purchase my DCCs!

This is a hard thing to lay before the fan base, okay, before me!
Whoa. I even know where that store is. I go to Tabletop Game&Hobby on metcalfe&103rd st. 8)

Isn't this area wonderful we have so many LGS
P.S. I support PhilCo (tabletop) over Amazon.com anyday. :D
Roll for initiative!!!
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

goodmangames wrote:Hi guys,

Yes, the subscription service will include any con specials and other special modules.

I'm offering this service because I've heard from a lot of fans who already buy online and appreciate the convenience factor of a subscription. For everyone else, please support your local game store! If you already purchase the modules there, please don't change that pattern. Keep mom'n'pop game stores in business!
Can I assume the subscription will include the DCC 51.5 Free RPG day module?
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

Just bumping this in hopes of a definite yes/no on 51.5 being in the subscription. :?:
papaholdy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Game Day Mods

Post by papaholdy »

I would like to know if the game day modules will be included in the subscription too.

Also, I have all of the mod in the Adventure path box set, but I would like the booklet. Will it be sold seperatly?

Will the box set be in the subscription?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hi guys,

I've had to do some research to answer the Free RPG Day question. The Free RPG Day module will not be available via the DCC subscription service. The idea behind Free RPG Day is to build up an event to help game stores grow the hobby. That depends on people going into game stores, of course. We had to set criteria for publisher participation in Free RPG Day, and those included releasing exclusive products.

Given the requests that the module be available via the subscription (which is totally legit), and the other requests for its availability overseas, I'm looking at some alternatives. These could include something like making the adventure available at a later date as a $2 module, or something like that. I'll let you know once that's finalized.

As for the boxed set, Saga of the Dragon Cult, the adventure path booklet won't be available separately (except as a PDF). The boxed set will be included as part of the subscription. (Even if you already own the modules, it's a good deal just for the saga booklet.) Though if any subscribers want to "opt out" of that, just let me know.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

Will all of the content of the free RPG day module be included in the Whiteroc boxed set, or is it a separate adventure?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

It's a separate adventure, so it won't be part of the boxed set.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “Goodman Games General”