Dungeons and taverns and trolls…oh my!
A trio of fantastic releases hit our online store this week! The excitement starts off with the newest printing of our award-winning volume, The Dungeon Alphabet. Sporting a new look and some new material, this printing is a must-have for gamemasters everywhere!
And then we find a pair of new releases from Blind Visionary Productions. Tales From the Smoking Wyrm #4 and Smoking Wyrm Monographs Vol. 1 No. 1 – For Whom the Bell Trolls tie into each other directly, with one of them featuring the introduction of the Troll class and the other an adventure tailored to that class!
Let’s look at the details!
Designing Dungeons is as easy as A, B, C!
The Dungeon Alphabet compiles inspirational tables on classic dungeon design elements to assist the game master in creating subterranean challenges. This fifth printing adds a new topic for a total of forty-four tables of inspirational materials.
A is for Altar, B is for Books, and C is for Caves: the Dungeon Alphabet has advice, hints, and randomized tables that bring new life to your adventures.
Suitable for any rules system, the entries are accompanied by outstanding art from classic fantasy illustrators.
Tales from the Smoking Wrym issue 4 returns with 8 great articles!
Tales from the Smoking Wyrm returns with its 4th issue, featuring:
- Trolls—a character class for DCC.
- Cullpepper’s Herbal—two new herbs to help keep adventurers alive.
- New Mutations—three new mutations for MCC characters.
- On Trolls and Alternatives to Luck—a completely new troll-specific luck mechanic!
- Organizations—Introductory organization rules. Features full write-ups for two organizations in the DCC core rulebook—The Beggar King and the Order of Saint Stephen.
- Expanding familiars—additional rules for elemental and lessor jinn familiars.
- Ponteverdian Potted Meats—6 potted meats for your characters for when the world gets a little rough.
- Onward Retainer—part four of our ongoing comic in the old-school vein.
- Wyrm Words—a word scramble of all the Gygaxian words in the fourth issue
This is the limited-edition, hand-numbered to 300 copies, version of issue 4. Once all 300 copies are sold, this edition will not come again. Featuring archival quality Mohawk cover stock and Mohawk smooth paper stock. Printed in two colors throughout. Staples are enameled glossy black to resist rusting. This issue also features a fold-out page to highlight the Ponteverdian Potted Meats section. Finally, the book is protected by real Latin Anathema against theft and damage.
A level 1 DCC adventure!
Smoking Wyrm Monographs is a new companion zine, wherein we explore a topic from Tales from the Smoking Wyrm in more detail.
In the first issue of the Monograph, For Whom the Bell Trolls, a complete adventure is offered focused on starting out a troll party the right way! You get a complete adventure for first-level trolls, including unique troll occupations to get you started, and a very folklore-driven storyline to explore.
You are called by a fearsome Risi troll to sneak into the local human village and steal a holy bell, whose ringing has weakened her powers and is driving the trolls mad. Are you up to the task?