Return to the hallowed halls of the Smoking Wyrm! The latest issue of this smash zine from Blind Visionary Productions is now up on Kickstarter, and has zoomed past their target goal in a matter of hours!
This new Kickstarter funds not only Tales From the Smoking Wyrm #5, but also the Limited Edition Smoking Wyrm handmade dice bag!
Let’s look at some details directly from the Kickstarter itself:
The fifth issue contains nine features, usable by both players and judges:
- Beastmaster Class—You lived the dream in your youth—the ability to connect to beasts of all sorts and work with them. Now, live that dream in this well-rounded character class! Stare down a ravenous bear, befriend a silky panther, and spend a little time hunting for treasure with some weasel friends!
- Patron Missions: Dor Nyvs—Nick Baran asked, and we delivered! Seven great Dor Nyvs patron missions, ready for your adherent to carry out as they ask for greater power from this behemoth from the plane of earth! Complete with details for the judge, and rewards for the player!
- Cullpepper’s Herbal—More herbs for your game! This time, we feature two herbs: Amaranthus and Anemone. Make the most of the wilderness you travel through!
- Organizations: The True Power of Organizations in Roleplaying Games—We continue our series devoted to DCC organizations with a short essay to discuss how organizations can function as movers and shakers in your game, tying together community and society.
- Organizations: The School of the Tree—An entire organization devoted to cutting things with (and trying not to be cut by) really big swords. What could go wrong?
- Cthulhu Idols—Idols are amongst the most iconic of items in H. P. Lovecraft’s The Call of Cthulhu. In this article, we provide rules for making them truly align with the DCC stars—with motivations, and a few nifty powers of their own to drive the wariest of adventurers a little mad.
- Onward Retainer, starring the Legion—The fifth installment of our adventuring comic in an old-school style, brought to you by Joel Phillips! Tension mounts for our plucky band in this 3-page installment!
- Smoking Wyrm Luck Tokens—We finish out our 4-issue build-up and summarize all our Luck tokens in one single article.
- Wyrm Words—A word puzzle of all the Gygaxian words in the fifth issue—this way, a definition is never in doubt! Also included are the answers to Issue #4’s Wyrm Words.
The Smoking Wyrm dice bag—8 inches tall, 8 inches wide, and flat bottomed so it can stand open and ready as willing assistant at your next game. The exterior is canvas ready to stand up to decades of heavy use, and the inside is a padded silk, softly cradling your dice and Luck tokens to preserve them for the moment of truth! The drawstring and cinch work with the grommets for durable, reliable bag closing, keeping your extraspacial angularities, fantastic fragments, sanguivorous solids, and other determinants of destiny safe from harm while you travel!