Have you always wanted to be a part of the gaming industry as an employee of a role-playing game company? Well, this is your chance. Goodman Games is looking to add a new position, and we’re opening it up to everyone.
Here are the details:
Marketing and Customer Service Manager
This position covers several main areas of responsibility:
- Originating and managing content for social media and/or streaming presence (Twitch and otherwise), both in studio and on-site.
- This includes managing a schedule of events, creating and staffing ideas for new shows, originating certain streams, setting up live coverage of specific events, and managing online presence.
- Candidate will also coordinate with reviewers and influencers and provide support for third party streams.
- Managing convention appearances, both online and in-person.
- For physical cons, this includes administrative duties prior to the convention, planning the booth, scheduling and coordinating events, on-site supervision and booth setup, managing crews of staff and volunteers, tear-down, and follow-up.
- For online cons, this includes managing event registration and execution, communication, online logistics, special events such as raffles or auctions, and other duties.
- Candidate must be able to envision what makes a con presence exciting, then make it happen.
- Candidate will also coordinate with local conventions and provide support for them.
- Managing daily execution of customer service and shipping projects. This includes acting as liaison with the warehouse for select shipping projects, coordinating delivery of convention supplies and subsequent returns, leading certain customer service projects to defined standards, answering customer inquiries, managing coordination of certain large shipping jobs, and related duties.
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the tabletop role playing game market and rules system is required. Experience with D&D 5E and DCC RPG is preferred.
- Online content creation experience is required. Twitch streaming experience is preferred, and experience with other streaming platforms is also acceptable.
- Game convention experience is required. Exhibitor experience is preferred but attendee experience is acceptable. Experience in both physical and online conventions is preferred.
- Experience managing customer and professional relationships is preferred, either online or in a physical store environment.
- Managerial experience is preferred.
- This is a part-time hourly position, estimated to evolve into a full-time position as conditions return to normal. We are looking for someone who can grow with the role into a full-time salaried position in 2022. Current estimate is approximately 15-20 hours a week with some peak periods surrounding conventions and other special occasions.
- This is a remote position. Candidate must be located in the continental USA within easy travel distance of a major airline hub.
- Travel will eventually be required. Some weekend work is required. Candidate must be available to travel as much as 25% of the year to attend game conventions over the course of the year.
- International travel may be required. Candidate must be a US citizen in good standing.
- Physical activity is required. Candidate must be able to set up and tear down convention booths. This may include transporting boxes of books weighing 50 pounds or more, setting up displays, and other physical activities.
Interested parties should send their resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org