Tonight we explore the Dying Earth—from a mechanics point of view. Gaming mechanics, that is…
The Dying Earth Kickstarter is off to an amazing start, and tonight we’re giving everyone some insights into the new rules and how they work in the context of Dungeon Crawl Classics. Join lead Dying Earth designer Marc Brunner and Jim Skatch as they cover what makes the world tick, and how that translates into DCC RPG.
What will they discuss tonight? Good question. Here’s a short answer:
- The Magician class! Marc and Jim will discuss true Vancian “rote” magic in DCC! They’ll cover force of will, amplification, and new spells!
- The Wayfarer class! Luck-stealing! Rhetoric die! A new twist on the luck spends and luck checks!
- The Witch class! Curses, demons, ritual spellburn, and vitality drains!
- The Vat-Thing class! Artificial humans, vat-thing flaws, martial prowess, and the “invoke creator” feature! Did we mention new spells?
- And they’ll also go over new gear, the starting animus feature, new “spell provenance”, and the new Vancian Grudge Token mechanic!
And that’s just a taste! There’s much more that the team will cover during the show.
Tune in tonight and watch Marc and Jim discuss The Dying Earth! Join us on Twitch at 8:00 p.m. EST to watch the event LIVE!