The Dungeon Con Online Adventure Design Contest
We’re just over a month out from Dungeon Con Online! This convention co-sponsored by Goodman Games, Kobold Press, and Dungeon Masters Guild is a celebration of D&D 5E—and a great way to get your adventure noticed.
The convention is hosting the inaugural Dungeon Con Online Adventure Design Contest! We are looking for D&D 5E DMs who want to create a short dungeon crawl and run playtests at the con. We’ll select our favorite and the winner will receive a $100 award, admission to future cons, and consideration for future publication!
Dungeon Design Criteria:
- The adventure should be written using D&D 5E rules.
- The adventure should be an underground dungeon crawl of at least 10 rooms. The encounters should have a good mix of exploration, combat, traps, and social interaction. Please include at least one new monster or fully developed NPC (including stats). Other creatures can reference the SRD for stats.
- The adventure should be suitable for virtual play with 4-6 players. You should run at least two sessions of the adventure at Dungeon Con Online. The parties should be able to finish the dungeon crawl in a 4-hour virtual play session.
- Level range should be tier one (levels 1-4) or tier two (levels 5-10).
Adventure Submission Process:
- We would like to review your written manuscript, after you have incorporated any feedback from playtests at the con. Playtesting is a valuable part of the design process! The final manuscript should be no more than 5000 words in length. It should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 15.
- Judging will be based on the final written manuscript as well as feedback from the convention players. We will identify a winner by August 31.
- The winner will receive $100 cash and a badge to the second Dungeon Con Online.
- The winner retains all rights to the adventure and is free to publish it in the future.
- If the adventure fits the publication needs of Goodman Games or other sponsors, we will consider it for future publication.