Announcing Dungeon Denizens: 500 Monsters for 5E
We’ve got a monster book for you. No, not just the content, we’re talking about the size of this creation! Dungeon Denizens is the new monster book for Dungeons and Dragons 5E that will be heading you way in mid-2021, and it’s packed full of over 500 beasts and creatures to add to your game!
Here’s the blurb from the back of the book:
500+ Curated Creatures for any 5th Edition Game!
A Massive Tome of Monsters Benevolent and Malign
Herein, the modern game master shall find a diverse collection of monsters suitable for any 5th edition campaign. This book contains more than 500 monsters for 5E! 300 monsters are culled from almost 20 years of Goodman Games products, updated to the modern version of the world’s most popular role-playing game. Another 200+ monsters are brand new, never-before-published creatures, ready to be unleashed on your unsuspecting players. This collection contains not just inhabitants of dank, twisting underground passages, but includes foul beasts that hide in the dark boughs of the forest, hardy creatures that wander the windswept dunes of the sandy wastes, piscine behemoths that plunge into the watery depths of the ocean, and strange outsiders that traipse through planar worlds, just to name a few. But that’s not all.
Dungeon Denizens includes:
- An assortment of aberrations including the abollar, the nagalisk and the pool lurker
- A crowd of constructs including new golems and animated objects, plus the flawless effigy and the bronze reaper
- A horde of humanoids, including the degenerate sih’hel, the savage serpentine tzopiloani, and the carapace-clad klaklin. Many entries include variant leaders and spellcasters ready to challenge your players with cunning tactics or thoughtful interaction
- A multitude of monstrosities such as the conflagration worm, and the trollhound
- A frenzy of fiends, such as the fetch demon and the inferno cat, as well as demon lords including Malotoch and Bobugbubilz, plus their faithful servants
- A barrage of beasts, many suitable as familiars, animal companions, or druidic wildshape options
- A plethora of plant and plant-like creatures, such as bloodthorn vine and the grove king hellthorn
These foes encompass a wide range of challenge ratings, from 0 to 20+, ready to drop into your home campaign. Each full-page entry includes brand-new full-color art, fully developed 5th edition statistics, plus notes on ecology, evocative lore, and tactics. Scattered about these pages you’ll also find suggested encounter groups, treasure notes, new spells, and magic items to compliment the creatures, plus inspiring tips, bits, and quips from the celebrated characters of the Goodman Games milieu of products. Appendices include summaries of the foul critters contained in this mammoth book, organized by type, terrain, and challenge rating.
A game master armed with this book, along with a vivid imagination and a bit of time, will be ready to craft thoughtful, challenging encounters for even the most skilled and demanding players. The next time they pry open a stuck dungeon door, surprise them with one of these Dungeon Denizens!
Look for Dungeon Denizens to arrive in mid-2021! You can find out more about the book by watching the What’s New With Goodman Games seminar from Bride of Cyclops Con on The Goodman Games YouTube channel. The section on Dungeon Denizens begins at the 42:50:00 mark.