The Dark Tower stands before you—but you have only until the end of the day Friday, October 8 to act before it disappears into the night! Enter the tower and get in on the exclusives and add-ons that you won’t be able to get once the Kickstarter ends!
Oh yeah, we’re talking about our new Kickstarter campaign: Judges Guild Deluxe: Dark Tower, Caverns of Thracia, & More. Celebrating the works of Jennell Jaquays, this oversized hardcover will collect some of her finest works and reprint them in a deluxe collector’s format. Each of the adventures reprinted introduced innovations in adventure module design which helped set the template for modern gaming.
This campaign can save you money, too! Purchasing the book through the Kickstarter saves $25 off the retail price of the book, and offers you exclusive access to the slipcover and leather-bound versions.
So what exactly will you find inside this volume? Here’s a description straight from the Kickstarter:
This Kickstarter funds the scanning, digital restoration, and print publication of an oversized deluxe collector’s edition of classic Judges Guild RPG adventures and zines. This second volume in the series focuses on materials created, illustrated, and produced by Jennell Jaquays: the Dungeoneer zines; Dark Tower; The Caverns of Thracia; The Book of Treasure Maps; and more. Through this Kickstarter, this volume is offered at a price that is $25 lower than the general distribution price, with an option for an exclusive slipcase available only through this Kickstarter. In lieu of royalties, Judges Guild has agreed to donate a portion of proceeds from the Kickstarter to benefit two special charities, as outlined below.
In lieu of a royalty from the production of this volume of the Deluxe Collector’s Edition, Judges Guild has agreed to donate their royalty to philanthropic causes, and Goodman Games will match that donation. Therefore, a total of 20% of the proceeds from this Kickstarter will be donated to charity. 10% will go to the Anti-Defamation League and 10% to GLAAD.
This volume is even thicker than the first, clocking in at a massive 275-300 pages (depending on final layout). And with the oversized format, that makes for a hefty book indeed!
Several stretch goals have been met for the campaign, but there are still some open and awaiting your pledge!
Completed stretch goals include:
- A sewn-in ribbon bookmark.
- Full-color pages as needed. (For example, to print the original covers to Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia in color.)
- Gold foil stamping on the front cover of the book, which would allow us to print an impressive version of the classic Judges Guild shield (or something similar; exact image still in progress).
Additional stretch goals are these:
- At $80k: A custom printed dust jacket.
- At $90k: We would like to produce the book with a custom corrugated mailing carton, sized exactly to fit the book, and printed with custom Judges Guild imagery.
And we’ve got some great add-ons that are now available for the campaign!
You can now add on copies of Volume 1 of the Judges Guild Deluxe Collector’s Edition, as well as 8.5″x11″ editions of some of the classic Judges Guild adventure modules.
Here are the available add-on items:
- Deluxe Collector’s Edition, Volume 1 (the first “big book”)
- “Just the slipcase” from Volume 1
- 8.5″x11″ edition of Dark Tower
- 8.5″x11″ edition of Caverns of Thracia
- 8.5″x11″ edition of Tegel Manor (includes fold-out poster map)
- 8.5″x11″ edition of Citadel of Fire
- 8.5″x11″ edition of Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor