We’ve opened up the East!
The Kickstarter for the Empire of the East role-playing game sourcebook, designed for the Dungeon Crawl Classics rules set, and also compatible with Mutant Crawl Classics, is now live! With this campaign you’ll find information regarding Fred Saberhagen’s seminal trilogy of novels, which set the stage for his rich fantasy world and were among Gary Gygax’s stated Appendix N inspirations for Dungeons & Dragons.
Officially licensed by the estate of Fred Saberhagen, this hardcover sourcebook offers everything you need to play DCC RPG campaigns in the world of the Empire of the East. Lead designer Jason Vey has adapted the world in a simple, clean style that is easy to integrate into your DCC game, and Harley Stroh provides one of the introductory adventures included inside. Presented with stunning cover art by Ian Miller, you will find inside:
- Rules for magic tailored to the post-apocalyptic fantasy setting of the Changeling Earth, including new spells and summonings to enrich any DCC campaign
- Character options for adventuring in this world
- A discussion of demons, elementals, and monsters, including stats for creatures compatible with any DCC and MCC campaign
- Lost technology of the Golden Age of Man, and its effect on the Changeling Earth
- Statistics for all of the major characters from the trilogy, also usable as NPCs in any DCC or MCC campaign
- Two short low-level adventures to start your campaign
- And more!
Using this sourcebook requires the DCC RPG core rulebook. While this sourcebook contains all you need to play a campaign, Saberhagen’s novels are an invaluable resource in understanding the setting. We highly recommend you also read the Saberhagen Empire of the East series, available as a modern compilation or in the original three individual volumes, titled The Broken Lands, The Black Mountains, and Ardneh’s World (or Changeling Earth).
Take up your sword, gather your spells, and stand with Ardneh’s armies against John Ominor and his forces of darkness!