Way back in February, we announced DCC Day. This event is a celebration of all things Dungeon Crawl Classics, giving fans and retailers a chance to game together and get free swag in the process.
Well, since February the world has changed—and so has DCC Day! Today we are announcing that Goodman Games will proceed with the event, now to be called DCC Days, along with some changes to accommodate the world we now live in!
Here’s the scoop:
- DCC Days will now be centered on Saturday, June 13. For stores, we will recommend this date for a local event of their choosing. Given varying local conditions, we will print all signage without a date. Stores that need to adjust the timing locally can do so as needed.
- Goodman Games will support the event with DCC Days, an online celebration of DCC that runs from Thursday, June 11 to Sunday, June 14. For gamers that just experienced Cyclops Con, this event will be similar in many ways!
- The four previously-announced special releases for DCC Day 2020 are still planned as exclusives through retailers who sign up for DCC Days, though they will now ship with a target of a mid-June release date. These four releases include the two free titles, DCC Day 2020 Adventure Pack and the DCC Quick Start Rules, plus the priced titles DCC: Shadow of the Beakmen and the “Angry Hugh” edition of the DCC RPG Core Rulebook.
- For stores that face local social distancing considerations and need to broaden their trading zone, Goodman Games will provide a retail locator that allows fans to locate participating stores and purchase DCC Days items in person or from the stores’ online storefronts.
- Stores that have a room equipped for streaming are encouraged to schedule DCC games during DCC Days. Goodman Games will promote any DCC-related stream and also mirror store streams wherever possible.
- We are adding additional VTT support for select DCC Days releases. More details will be provided on this in the weeks to come.
We hope all of these measures will ensure that both fans and game stores will have a great time during DCC Days!
Many great retailers have already signed up for DCC Days at the GAMA Expo. We will soon be opening signup to the general retailer public. More to come once that is available!
Interested retailers can contact email@example.com in the meantime.