ZineQuest has begun in earnest! And one of the original ZineQuest publications is back on Kickstarter to help you bring them the second issue! Welcome to the world of Terror of the Stratosfiend #2: A DCC RPG #ZineQuest Zine.
Let’s have them tell you what this is about themselves, right from the Kickstarter text:
“While Earth was ravaged by the Drop, space continued distorting. Strange new entities, unknown to modern and fantastical humanity, roiled in the depths of space.
supposedly calling as many souls as possible to the dispatch…
Within Dispatch’s walls walk horrors with limbs made of limbs made of limbs made of limbs made of limbs made of limbs made of limbs—and, supposedly, a certain bat roosts.” – Rite 38 of the Incarnate Drop
What is Terror of the Stratosfiend?
Portals and warp gates have been opening all over the earth and giant aliens have been pouring out. Players will quickly find out that some of their own have been aliens the whole time, and that humans from distant stars have also shown up to help quell the madness. The setting is meant to be both an add-on to any DCC (Dungeon Crawl Classics) session the Judge and players would be running; adding a splash of tentacles. It’s also being built to be a standalone setting where tentacles and sorcery would be the focus.
Here is everything that will be included in the newest issue.
What is in Issue #2?
- Half-Stratosfiend Reality Binder : casters that mutate their spells as they release them.
- Stratosfiend Magistrate “IX-777” Fear-Engine : Giants that channel fear through their “instruments” while “inspiring” their allies.
- Half-Stratosfiend Roof Jumper : thieves that mutate their adrenaline to gain strange new abilities. (Also they have pet ravens)
- New Incubating, Sentient, and Living Weapons: ever wanted a shield covered in fur? A jealous dagger? Or maybe it’s the egg for a fire demon?
- New “Cleric?” Items : imagine an item allowed you to recast instantly. So long as you were forced to keep doing it until it succeeded…. those deities are going to be furious.
- New “Doors”: we’ve got walls of beads, lead lined doors, bank vaults, and laser grids… what more could you want?
- Door Hatching: when 1 (or more) doors need to be used to make a door hatch from a door egg.
- Door Surfing: when you need to ride a door.
- Door Quantum Entanglement: when you need two doors to relay information to eachother.
New Things that go Bump in the Night (specifically 9 new entries):
- Razor-Worn’s Oasis of Wires (3): Elevators, Molten Metal, and Mirrors, things you depend on that would rather crush you in their maw.
- Cults of the Elevator God (4): the divine that operate elevators and those that wander the hallways determining who can enter.
- Pirates of Deep Fear Space (2): a t-Rex with a phase rifle? A “human” pirate that harvests limbs for her body.
Appendices for Days:
- New Level-0 Occupations (20): ranging from brand mascots with costumes to butchers and bakers.
- New Lucky Signs (32): maybe you were born under the “Chains of Poseidon” and have modified tentacle damage rolls… or you channel the Sky-Channel.
- More info on Languages (18): did you realize there is a secret language only spoken by skulkers that requires 4 or more limbs to communicate correctly?
- “The Lust of the Bat God” or “You need to visit a planet? Watch out it might get bombarded”
We’ve also tried to add as many tables as possible. You want LORE? you get a TABLE with it.
As you can see, there is a LOT happening in this zine! It’s filled with tables and info for everyone, not to mention cool concepts and amazing art!
Terror of the Stratosfiend was already a hit publication, making our list of Best Selling Zines for 2019. We’ve got the first two issues—yes, this is issue #2, but they put out a #1 and a #1.5—available in our online store, but the only way to get on the list for issue #2 is to back the Kickstarter! So head on over and show them some love!