Strange things are afoot on the starship Warden. Ominous happenings that will have an impact that lasts…forever.
Doom on the Warden is the latest adventure for Metamorphosis Alpha, the original science-fiction role-playing game. Author James M. Ward has put together what he calls Tomb of Horrors in space, meant for the original version of Metamorphosis Alpha. Doom on the Warden is a new frontier for Metamorphosis Alpha, in both style and substance, and for the first time, the pre-generated characters include wolfoids.
With only 8 days to go, we wanted to give you an update on how all the stretch goals are coming and what is still to come… Let’s get all these stretch goals met because they are awesome beyond words!
The Stretch Goals
We love Metamorphosis Alpha as much as you, so we’ve outlined a series of stretch goals to elevate your experiences aboard the starship Warden. Here is the breakdown of stretch goals, which may evolve over the course of the campaign:
- Stretch goal #1 ($7,000): CLEARED! First set of printable reference cards. There are 100+ creatures, weapons, and items to encounter in this adventure. We would like to create simple cards to summarize them for players and judges alike. These will be provided in PDF format and can be printed for use in game. This first stretch goal will cover creation of approximately 30 such cards, which should encompass most of the weapons in this adventure.
- Stretch goal #2 ($12,000): CLEARED! Two new colored metal arm bands available as add-ons. First launched in our previous Metamorphosis Alpha projects, these metal arm bands mimic the control bands in the original game. These make great tabletop props and Mr. Ward allows their use in his convention games. At this stretch goal, we will manufacture two kinds of new bands: the bio-science band (first encountered in Level of the Lost), and the military command band (first seen in the Warden Armory). These will be add-ons available at $10 each.
- Stretch goal #3 ($15,000): CLEARED! Second set of printable reference cards, similar to the goal above. This will be another 30 or so such cards, which should be enough to cover most of the items encountered in the adventure.
- Bonus stretch goal! ($19,000) CLEARED! Backers will receive a PDF of Level of the Lost!
- Stretch goal #4 ($22,000): CLEARED! Printed endsheets with great art to adorn them!
- Bonus stretch goal! ($24,000): CLEARED! Backers will receive a PDF of The Android Underlords.
- Stretch goal #5 ($27,000): Third set of printable reference cards, similar to the goal above. This will be another 30 or so such cards, which should cover most of the monsters, mutants, and robots encountered in the adventure.
- Stretch goal #6 ($35,000): A sewn-in satin ribbon bookmark to hold your place when you run the adventure.
- Stretch goal #7 ($45,000): Expanded page count on the printed books to include some or all of the reference cards. There are some printing parameters we’ll have to verify but the goal is to get most or all of the reference cards printed and bound into the book.
- And beyond that…who knows?
We can only get this done with your help! This adventure changes the starship Warden forever! Let’s make it the most amazing adventure ever. So head on over to the Kickstarter and show your support.
Update February 3: More free PDFs for backers! Backers will receive a PDF copy of Level of the Lost and The Android Underlords adventures, along with the other stretch goals, which include endsheet art, new metal armbands, and printable reference cards for items and weapons! Check out the latest update for full details!