Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn—of pre-orders.
The third book in the Alphabet series is now ready for pre-order! The Cthulhu Alphabet is an organized book of madness that you can incorporate into any role-playing game, Dungeon Crawl Classics or otherwise!
The Cthulhu Alphabet is a collection of random tables to inspire your role-playing game, structured around an abecedarian theme. If you are a player navigating an uncaring universe, a haunted setting, or a horror-filled dungeon, you will find new ideas for your character and adventures. And if you are a game master creating scenarios set in the Cthulhu Mythos—or in any fantastic world—you will find every page bursting with ideas. Your brain will spark on every page, whether you roll randomly for inspiration or read the tables in order.
The Cthulhu Alphabet follows the format first popularized by Goodman Games in The Dungeon Alphabet. The entries are in alphabetical order, and each concerns one aspect of the Cthulhu mythos. Each entry contains a mix of inspirational text and one or more random tables.
- Looking to make your next monster encounter more interesting? Try rolling on S is for Serpentfolk, Z is for Zombies, or D is for Deep Ones.
- Creating a mythos-styled location for your next scenario? Try rolling on K is for Kingsport, or M is for Miskatonic University.
- Figuring out the antediluvian horror central to your next plot? Try rolling on O is for Outer Gods, U is for Unnamable, or E is for Elder Thing.
- Building out the dark history of a lost book, mysterious grandfather, or odd old house? Try rolling on L is for Legacy, M is for Madness, B is for Books, or J is for Journal.
- Tweaking the nuances of a historically accurate literary adventure, but need a little bit of inspiration or added mystery? Roll on V is for Voorish Sign, P is for Pnakotic, U is for Ubbo-Sathla, H is for Hastur, or I is for Ithaqua.
- Just need something gross for the characters to fight? Look up C is for Cultists, T is for Tentacles, or S is for Shoggoth.
What’s more, The Cthulhu Alphabet will be available in FOUR different covers—each one coming with a PDF version! You can choose the Standard Color Cover with artwork by Erol Otus, the Bronze Foil Cover with artwork by Brad McDevitt, the Cerulean Foil Cover with artwork by Stefan Poag, or the Leather Bound Edition with artwork by Peter Mullen.
Click the cover art below to take you to the page to pre-order your copy of The Cthulhu Alphabet today!