This is an exact reproduction of the October 1936 edition of Weird Tales. Weird Tales is the legendary “magazine of the bizarre and unusual” that published some of the earliest works of many Appendix N authors. Each issue contained a half-dozen or more stories, many of which are now still in print.
This reproduction is a high-quality scan of the original issue. It is perfect bound and slightly larger than digest size, just as the original publication.
The October 1936 issue features J. Allen St. John cover art and includes these stories:
- Isle of the Undead • Lloyd Arthur Eshbach • novelette
- The Opener of the Way • Robert Bloch • short story
- The Lost Door • Dorothy Quick • novelette
- Doom of the House of Duryea • Earl Peirce, Jr. • short story
- The Tree of Life [*Northwest Smith] • C. L. Moore • novelette
- Red Nails [Part 3 of 3; *Conan] • Robert E. Howard • novella
- The Doors of Death • Arthur B. Waltermire • short story
- The Secret of Kralitz • Henry Kuttner • short story
- The Great Keinplatz Experiment • Arthur Conan Doyle • short story
- The Lost Temples of Xantoos • Howell Calhoun • verse
- R. E. H. • R. H. Barlow • verse
- Witch-Burning • Mary Elizabeth Counselman • verse