This is an exact reproduction of the June 1938 edition of Weird Tales. Weird Tales is the legendary “magazine of the bizarre and unusual” that published some of the earliest works of many Appendix N authors. Each issue contained a half-dozen or more stories, many of which are now still in print.
This reproduction is a high-quality scan of the original issue. It is perfect bound and slightly larger than digest size, just as the original publication.
The June 1938 issue features Margaret Brundage cover art, The Doom That Came to Sarnath by H.P. Lovecraft, and includes these stories:
- Suicide Chapel • Seabury Quinn • novelette (Jules de Grandin series)
- From the Beginning • Earl Binder & Otto Binder (as by Eando Binder)
- The Black Drama (part 1 of 3) • Manly Wade Wellman (as Gans T. Field)
- Slave of the Flames • Robert Bloch • short story
- Song of Death • A. W. Calder • short story
- Thunder in the Dawn (part 2 of 2) • Henry Kuttner • novella (Elak series)
- The Doom That Came to Sarnath • H. P. Lovecraft • short story (Dream Cycle series)
- Death Dallies Awhile • Leslie F. Stone • short story
- The Gray Champion • Nathaniel Hawthorne • short story (Reprint)
- Farewell to Eros • Clark Ashton Smith • verse
- H.P. Lovecraft • Frank Belknap Long • verse
- The Last Hour • Robert E. Howard • verse
- Outlanders • Clark Ashton Smith • verse