This is an exact reproduction of the July 1936 edition of Weird Tales. Weird Tales is the legendary “magazine of the bizarre and unusual” that published some of the earliest works of many Appendix N authors. Each issue contained a half-dozen or more stories, many of which are now still in print.
This reproduction is a high-quality scan of the original issue. It is perfect bound and slightly larger than digest size, just as the original publication.
The July 1936 issue is special for several reasons. It features beautifully restored cover art by Margaret Brundage, illustrating one of the most famous Conan stories.
This issue also contains stories by both Robert E. Howard, August Derleth, and Manly Wade Wellman – three Appendix N authors in one issue – plus Clark Ashton Smith! It features these stories:
- Red Nails, a classic Conan story by Robert E. Howard (in its original published form)
- The Kelpie, by Manly Wade Wellman
- The Return of Sarah Purcell, by August W. Derleth
- Necromancy in Naat, by Clark Ashton Smith
- Plus additional stories by Edmond Hamilton, C. L. Moore, C. A. Butz, Renier Wyers, and others!
128 pages, 6.5″ x 10″