This is an exact reproduction of the August-September 1936 edition of Weird Tales. Weird Tales is the legendary “magazine of the bizarre and unusual” that published some of the earliest works of many Appendix N authors. Each issue contained a half-dozen or more stories, many of which are now still in print.
This reproduction is a high-quality scan of the original issue. It is perfect bound and slightly larger than digest size, just as the original publication.
The August-September 1936 issue features Margaret Brundage cover art and includes these stories:
- The Door into Infinity • Edmond Hamilton • novelette
- Mask of Death [*Dr. Satan] • Paul Ernst • novelette
- Werewolf of the Sahara • G. G. Pendarves • novelette
- The Medici Boots • Pearl Norton Swet • short story
- Red Nails [Part 2 of 3; *Conan] • Robert E. Howard • novella
- Death Holds the Post • August W. Derleth & Mark Schorer • short story
- The Diary of Philip Westerly • Paul Compton • short story
- In the Dark • Ronal Kayser • short story
- Four Wooden Stakes • Victor Rowan • short story
- Lycanthropus • C. Edgar Bolen • verse
- Swamp Demons • C. A. Butz • verse