An adventure for character levels 12-13
Remember the good old days, when adventures were underground, NPCs were there to be killed, and the finale of every dungeon was the dragon on the 20th level? Those days are back. Dungeon Crawl Classics don’t waste your time with long-winded speeches, weird campaign settings, or NPCs who aren’t meant to be killed. Each adventure is 100% good, solid dungeon crawl, with the monsters you know, the traps you fear, and the secret doors you know are there somewhere.
An apocalyptic cult of demon worshipers has been kidnapping farmers from the local hamlets and offering them up as sacrifices to their blasphemous idols. The heroes are called in for what appears to be a simple mission: hunt down the demon worshipers, beard them in their lair, and demolish their dark abbey, down to the last stone. But this cult is under the direct control of a demon prince with much larger ambitions. The heroes’ exploration of the dark abbey soon leads them into a portal to another plane, where they discover the demon prince’s hellish scheme — and learn they have only hours to save their world from being destroyed! Can they defeat the demon prince in his own evil citadel?
If you enjoy this adventure, look for the rest of the Dungeon Crawl Classics series!
- A haunting, atmospheric adventure showcasing new demonic opponents, both original and pulled from open gaming sources.
- A classic dungeon crawl where the stakes grow progressively larger with each passing room.
- A magical puzzle your players will remember for years to come.
- 8 illustrated player handouts.
- Includes appendix with stats for 12 new monsters, some from the Tome of Horrors and some completely new
- Utilizes material from the Demon Hunter’s Handbook, though ownership of that book is not required.
Writer: Patrick Younts
Cover Artist: Erol Otus
Back Cover Artist: William McAusland
Interior Artists: Ian Armstrong, Friedrich Haas, Jim Holloway, Doug Kovacs, Diesel LaForce, Stefan Poag
Cartographer: Jeremy Simmons