Are you caught off guard when your players decide to visit the NPC blacksmith from 4 sessions ago whose name you can’t remember? Do you have trouble recalling whether the unidentified potion of bull’s strength is the blue one or the sparkly green one? And what day was that dwarven religious holiday again?
A first-of-its-kind playing aid, this campaign tracker is an essential tool for third edition DM’s. Gone are the days of paper scraps and loose-leaf notebooks! The DM Campaign Tracker is a carefully designed booklet with space to record all information about an ongoing campaign: NPC stats, XP tracking, session logs, character reference, world info, and more. Just as every player needs a character sheet, every DM needs a campaign tracker!
This special PDF edition comes equipped with forms for easy online use. Fill in the details of your campaign and you’re set to track all of this:
- Published resources allowed in the campaign (i.e., which new feats and PrCs are off limits or not)
- All the easy-to-forget information about your world, from a kingdom’s population to a deity’s favored weapon to holidays and economics
- Names, leaders, agendas, alignments, and more for guilds, churches, cults, and organizations
- The names and NPCs of every tavern, inn, shop, town, and city your PCs have ever visited, and what happened there
- A unique rumor-tracking system that lets you track rumors and develop them into plot threads at different power levels
- NPC mini-character sheets, ranging from detailed entries for the major villains to short-and-simple one-liners for remembering the names of shopkeepers, barkeeps, and other minor players
- A 2-page, easy-to-read spread with space for recording everything you need to remember about the player characters!
- A wealth tracker: are your characters too rich for 6th level?
- An item tracker, including space to track valuations for unidentified gems and other objects, and tick-boxes for tracking magic item charges
- A graphical, fill-in-the-blanks calendar and timeline for any fantasy world
- A session history so you remember what happened when
- An XP tracker. A commonly overlooked aspect of 3E campaign management, this tool lets you track XP gained and XP spent by campaign session. No more disputes because the wizard forgot about the XP he spent making that golem!
- Space for jotting down house rules and reference for commonly forgotten rules.
As if all that’s not enough, the inside covers have tables for rapidly generating traits and names for NPCs, taverns, and shops, plus custom encounter tables by terrain for your world.
The DM Campaign Tracker is a stand-alone, world-neutral tool for any fantasy campaign.
Note: In order to save your inputs in the forms in this PDF, you will need Adobe Acrobat or a similar PDF editor program. Acrobat Reader (normally used to readPDFs) will not let you save changes to the file.
Reviews of the Print Edition
- Mortality.net: 5 stars. “Believe it or not, you can get this super-handy gaming tool for only US $4.99. For someone like me, it’s worth every penny, and more. If you’re like me, you’re going to want one of these for every campaign.”
- EN World: 4 stars. “The DM Campaign Tracker does well in GameWyrd’s review model. How well does it do what it sets out to do? It’s good. Whether you want to use it is a different question (but so is whether you like game system X) but I suspect most d20 DMs (or, oddly, players) would be able to get some use out of this tracker.”
Concept and Layout: Joseph Goodman
Cover Art: Drew Baker
Graphic Design: Andy Hopp
Interior Art: William McAusland