An investigation into the whereabouts of a missing artist becomes a manhunt for her suspected murderer. The trail leads to the impossible, deep into the mystical realm of sleep, The Dreamlands. The investigators must journey to the very heart of the Plateau of Leng, to the fabled Pharos of Leng, if they are to find their quarry, but it may all be for naught, as a giant falling star threatens to destroy both The Waking World and The Dreamlands.
Set throughout the globe and torn from the pages of the hidden history of the world, Age of Cthulhu adventures bring new secrets and mind-bending horrors to your 1920’s Call of Cthulhu game. Each adventure comes with copious player handouts, detailed maps, and pre-generated investigators ready to risk their lives and their sanity to confront the horrors of an uncaring universe.
Age of Cthulhu adventures include many of the classic elements of Call of Cthulhu: action, investigation, and a forbidding sense of horror. Though the adventures utilize real locations and historical events, Age of Cthulhu is first and foremost dedicated to exploring the horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos, and to bringing the excitement of heroic pulp-themed adventure to your gaming table. So dim the lights, load your trusty sidearm, and prepare to venture into the unknown…
- Print buyers can also download the complete book of handouts, maps, and pregens!
Rules Set: Chaosium Basic Role Playing.
- EN World Review: “Age of Cthulhu #8: Starfall Over the Plateau of Leng offers players and Keepers a unique opportunity to experience the Dreamlands, a part of the Cthulhu Mythos setting which is often overlooked by game designers. The plot and writing for this adventure is vivid and exciting, with many horrifying occurances to strike shock and fear into the hearts of even the most courageous investigators. And most importantly, the adventure presents plenty of opportunities for deep in-character role-playing experiences, along with some moral challenges which will have players wondering whether they made the right choices afterall.”
- Diehard Gamefan: “Anyway, Starfall Over the Plateau of Leng is a fine addition to the Age of Cthulhu line. There are several ways a character can meet instant death/insanity, but for the most part the adventure is one of atmosphere and exploration rather than combat. There are a lot of really interesting locations and encounters in this piece and I want to give special attention to the various maps in the adventure, as they were really well done.”
- Grubb Street: “Here is the short version – It was a very good adventure in the initial draft, and it is even better now. The changes made involved some tucking in of historical nits, answering a few open questions, and sharpening up some NPC motivations. It gives the players an excellent doorway into the Dreamlands, Lovecraft’s semi-medieval dimension world that lays alongside our own reality.”
- Kickstarter backers also received a printed booklet of additional player handouts, and three PDF add-ons: two mini-scenarios (The Gang’s All Here and Risen Is The Moon), and a book of NPCs (Citizens of Eureka Springs).
Writer: Jon Hook
Editor: Matthew Pook
Cover Art: Eddie Sharam
Interior Art: Brad McDevitt
Graphic Design: Brad and Jess McDevitt