Goodman Games at Gen Con

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Goodman Games at Gen Con

Post by goodmangames »

Hi everyone,

Here's a quick rundown of Goodman Games at Gen Con.

GEN CON: HAPPENINGS AT THE BOOTH

Find us at booth #439! Come on by and get your favorite title signed by the author or artist. Check out our booth event schedule here:
http://www.goodmangames.com/gencon2006signings.php

GEN CON: WHAT'S NEW

Look for these new releases at the show:

Xcrawl: Necromerica

Etherscope: Mysteries of the Occult

DCC #32: Golden Palace of Zahadran
DCC #33: Belly of the Great Beast
DCC #34: Cage of Delirium
DCC #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms

DCC #12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics, 1E version (a Gen Con exclusive
edition of the ENnie-nominated adventure using 1E rules!)

Plus these new DCC Miniatures:
Basilisk
Large centipedes
Chalychia the Devil Lich from DCC #13
Wight
Kobold Fighter (Torgo the Eye Gouger) from DCC #17
Kobold Sorcerer (Slazzik Balefire) from DCC #2
Brother Jharo, human monk from DCC #13
Goblin Warchief (Rez-zomar) from DCC #1
Lawrence Gannu, Wererat Champion from DCC #1
Ulfsek of the Purifying Flame, Dwarf Paladin
Master Lerenev, Human Fighter
Issele, Evoker
Rella Rubyhair, Halfling Bard
Landeron Heart-of-Storm, Elf Ranger
Kaila, Druid

See you in Indy!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

And if you're in this year's tournament, those last six minis should sound awful familiar!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
naturaltwenty
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Game Universe - Franklin WI

Post by naturaltwenty »

Now I sit in my hotel room (I have my son with me so going to the parties tonight may be a little tough:) ) reading my DCC #35 and all I have to say. Is my son made up his first character to play in that awesome setting. We're even procrastinating making our Living Greyhawk characters to make the DCC campaign characters.

Anyway, now to see if I can get tickets for the DCC Open. I know my son would have a grand time in that!

Later,

Greg Volz
Natural Twenty Gaming
www.naturaltwenty.com
Greg Volz
Natural Twenty Games
http://www.naturaltwenty.com
blackstone
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by blackstone »

Hey everyone!

Blackstone here! Maybe you know me from the Dragonsfoot or KenzerCo boards. Yeah, I'm the HM board moderator. Fear my power! :twisted:

Just wanted to thank Joe for taking the time to talk to me (about a certain "project" 8) ). The 1E conversion is awesome! I'm glad I was able to pick up a copy. Sold out in less than 2 hours! :shock: Shows ya old school gaming is still going strong, if not getting stonger.

May all of your hits be crits!

Nick
"There's a fine line between sanity and insanity...I jump rope with it."
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

blackstone wrote:
The 1E conversion is awesome! I'm glad I was able to pick up a copy. Sold out in less than 2 hours! Shows ya old school gaming is still going strong, if not getting stonger.

Thank you for the kudos, blackstone. I did the 1E conversion work on the Crypt module. It turned out really sweet. It plays really well under the 1E rules. Combat is quick, the puzzles are challenging, the monstes and traps are deadly. It is a great module. I've ran it six times now, putting 35 players through the paces, and it is still fresh for me as a DM.

Joseph is taking some heat for the low print run. But, as he has stated in person to me and has posted on Dragonsfoot and the Acaeum boards, he is doing a second printing of the module. Goodman Games will very soon be able to take orders for the 1E version of the Crypt. And everyone that orders will get their copies.

I agree that old school gaming is seeing something of a resurgence. Between RJK's PPP modules, the C&C product line, Goodman Games dabbling with converted modules, and the OSRIC(tm) product pipeline, the future of old school gaming looks bright indeed.

cheers,

tacojohn4547
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

naturaltwenty wrote:Now I sit in my hotel room (I have my son with me so going to the parties tonight may be a little tough:) ) reading my DCC #35 and all I have to say. Is my son made up his first character to play in that awesome setting. We're even procrastinating making our Living Greyhawk characters to make the DCC campaign characters.
That is so cool, Greg. :)

Thank you to everyone that stopped by the booth. It was really cool to put some faces to these avatars.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “Goodman Games General”