Sell Out Vs. Guild Sourcebook

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Sell Out or Guild Sourcebook

Guild Sourcebook
11%
Sell Out
89%

Total votes: 9

DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Sell Out Vs. Guild Sourcebook

Post by DQuartermane »

Hey Everyone,
I am getting my books soon but wasnt sure which of the two sourcebooks I should get first Sell Out or the Guild Sourcebook. So I thought I would leave it to you guys and gals to make up my mind for me. Let me know what you all think and why. Thanks in advance.
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

If you plan on your campaign being mostly Xcrawl adventures, I would start with SellOut! just for the expanded fame rules, the optional statistics system, the magic items and equipment additions and the NPC classes.

If you plan on your campaign taking place mostly outside of the crawl, I would go with the Guild Sourcebook. It has lots of background on how the world works, rules on Technomages, Media Mages, and the Necromancers Guild - all of whom make excellent antagonists for a non-crawl campaign. And tons of new spells.

Hope that helps,

B
DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DQuartermane »

Thanks for the info that does help a lot. I love the world and all but I think I will start with Sell Out and go from there with maybe Three Rivers. Or I might wait for Coney Island.
Anemone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Anemone »

I like both the Guild and Sellout more than individual Crawls. They're great books.
Last edited by Anemone on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anemone
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

I think Sellout is one of the best supplements for any RPGs in any system - it adds so many more options, so much more depth and would easily be dubbed a "core book" if published by WotC...

The XCrawl main rulebook paints the overall picture for the setting and the genre, and Sellout is there to fill in all the beautiful details!
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”