[Purple Duck Games] AL 5: Stars in the Darkness

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

[Purple Duck Games] AL 5: Stars in the Darkness

Post by Mark_Gedak »

Purple Duck Games Presents!

AL 5: Stars in the Darkness by Daniel J. Bishop (Raven_Crowking).

In millennia past, the ancestors of the elves protected the stars as they followed their courses, for there are wolves in the outer dark. Yet what manner of creature would dare to consume stars as though they were sheep in the field? And what has become of the ancient starherds who once stopped such monsters? For such a monster is back - Urstah, the Star-Drinker. Stars are disappearing from the night sky, and with the loss of those stars, luck is being drained from the world. Your luck. Dare you enter the caverns, face the star-drinker, and release the stars in darkness?

Stars in the Darkness is a DCC adventure designed for four to eight, third level characters, that can easily be dropped into your campaign. In it, characters seek to stop an ancient evil from arising, with possibly devastating effects should they fail. This is our largest, and most epic, adventure for DCC to date.

All products in the Adventure Locale line present one or more dungeons that can be quickly picked up and used for a session of the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game.

This product is based on the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game, published by Goodman Games. This product is published under license. Dungeon Crawl Classics and DCC RPG are trademarks of Good­man Games. All rights reserved. For additional infor­mation, visit http://www.goodman-games.com or contact info@goodman-games.com.

Rules Set:
DCC RPG
Writer: Daniel J. Bishop
Page Count: 38 pages
Artwork: Christopher Heilmann
Cartography: Kristian Richards

Coupon Code: http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?discount=87772
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Re: [Purple Duck Games] AL 5: Stars in the Darkness

Post by Blood Axe »

Will it be available in print? Ill check it out.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mark_Gedak »

It will go to print on demand but that will be early June at the easiest.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

As the author, I certainly think that you should buy this adventure. It took a long time to write, and I am sure that there were points where Mark was pulling out his hair wondering if it would ever get done. On the other hand, it takes far less time to play, and has some very nice (I hope) encounters in it as well as (I hope) a monster or two which your players will not like at all, at all. :twisted:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

We playtested this one and it's fantastic. The most original idea for an adventure (and a hook that cannot be denied) I've seen in a long long time. My players really enjoyed it.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thanks.

I am thinking about creating a special (read: free) product to give away to anyone who tells me what they thought about one of the adventures I have published....from any publisher. Running a game is social, but writing and then sending these things out into the world is sort of lonely.

RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”