Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Devon, England
Thought folks might like to know that ItPotSS is available for download on DTRPG/RPGNow HERE.

Colin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:36 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am
Posts: 2884
Thanks Colin. You beat me to it! :D

_________________
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 546
Wow. He beat me too... Thanks, Colin!

We have a preview over at the website: http://www.mysticbull.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=201

Plus a couple of other goodies... Samurai's as a DCC class and another bonus encounter.

http://www.mysticbull.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=101

_________________
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 pm 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 546
Got our first reviews:

http://irontavern.com/2013/03/12/review ... -sorcerer/

And directly on RPGNow -- http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews_i ... _id=111964

_________________
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 pm 
Offline
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:34 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Győr, Hungary
I'm going to buy it as soon as I've got enough spare cash. I just paid for university and Critters, Creatures and Denizens.

_________________
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:32 pm 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 546
Ravenheart87 wrote:
I'm going to buy it as soon as I've got enough spare cash. I just paid for university and Critters, Creatures and Denizens.


I got that, too. What do you think?

_________________
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:08 pm 
Offline
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:34 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Győr, Hungary
ragboy wrote:
Ravenheart87 wrote:
I'm going to buy it as soon as I've got enough spare cash. I just paid for university and Critters, Creatures and Denizens.


I got that, too. What do you think?

Couldn't continue with reading it. I had a lot of work to do today, plus collegues had nameday, birthday, so we had to drink a few beers in the nearby pub.

_________________
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am
Posts: 2884
For all who have purchased this product thus far, Thank You!

_________________
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am
Posts: 2884
For all who have purchased this product thus far, Thank You!

_________________
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 am 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:05 pm
Posts: 311
Location: Fremont, CA
o/~ For those about to ROCK! *Boom* We Salute You! o/~


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 am
Posts: 2467
Location: Chicago suburbs
FLGS: Fair Game
I still say that "In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer" is one of the best titles ever! Just hearing the name gives me shivers. 8)

_________________
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:38 pm
Posts: 44
I'm reading this right now and enjoying the heck out of it. Well done!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Devon, England
Just waiting to see when a print or POD option becomes available, and if there will be a print + pdf bundle or not.

Colin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:34 am 
Offline
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:07 am
Posts: 756
Location: The Rollings Hobbit Hills of Ohio
Colin wrote:
Just waiting to see when a print or POD option becomes available, and if there will be a print + pdf bundle or not.

Colin



Same here. I am tired of buying pdfs and than spending twice as much money on printing them out. Just not cost effective :? Seems like so many companies are going the easy/fast rout now days. PDFs suck at the game table.... :evil:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:44 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 480
Location: N KY / Greater Cincinnati area
FLGS: Gateway Games & More
Normally, I'd agree, but in this instance I'm okay w/ pdf only. ItPotSS is a collection of 12 encounters, some of which can be printed on a single page. I think the longest one ("Icon of the Blood Goddess") would take only 4 pages printed on both sides. I'm unlikely to go through more than one or two of these encounters in a single session, so a print copy, while nice, is not as required as it would be usually -- for me :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:45 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 546
Sir Robilar wrote:
I'm reading this right now and enjoying the heck out of it. Well done!


Thanks!


finarvyn wrote:
I still say that "In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer" is one of the best titles ever! Just hearing the name gives me shivers.


We will be revisiting the Squid Sorcerer in future releases.... his story is only beginning.

Colin wrote:
Just waiting to see when a print or POD option becomes available, and if there will be a print + pdf bundle or not.

MrHemlocks wrote:
Same here. I am tired of buying pdfs and than spending twice as much money on printing them out. Just not cost effective :? Seems like so many companies are going the easy/fast rout now days. PDFs suck at the game table....


It's coming. I swear. Just trying to figure out which option to choose.

Also, while we're on the subject of media -- would anyone use Squid (or any RPG product) on their pad-like device? I'm tooling around with an e-book editor and wondering if anyone would actually use an ebook version of this thing.

Rick wrote:
Normally, I'd agree, but in this instance I'm okay w/ pdf only. ItPotSS is a collection of 12 encounters, some of which can be printed on a single page. I think the longest one ("Icon of the Blood Goddess") would take only 4 pages printed on both sides. I'm unlikely to go through more than one or two of these encounters in a single session, so a print copy, while nice, is not as required as it would be usually -- for me


That's why I'm wondering if an e-book would be just as useful. Less computer at the table... though I don't know how pervasive the pad-devices are at the table.

_________________
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:18 pm 
Offline
Tight-Lipped Warlock
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:26 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the Towers of Carcosa
I own a Nexus 10.

I absolutely LUUUURVE that beautiful piece of technology, and I use it for my DCC RPG PDF (as my rule book, so that others can use my dead tree rule book at the gaming table) and I run the Purple Sorcerer "Crawler Companion" on it as well.

For adventures, I'm very torn. Having a book is nice. I enjoy dead tree format publications.

With PDFs I can print out the sections--on a computer, not the Nexus--that I want and, for example, rename NPCs/locations as I see fit, re-draw/draw on top of maps, and generally add notes to the printed sheet that I'd be reluctant to do with a dead tree version that I paid money for. I hate the idea of dropping $15 on a book and then writing in the margin.

Does that help you? Probably not. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:15 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 35
Location: East Coast, USA
I use the .pdf of the rule book on my iPad at the gaming table. I have lots of book marks so it makes looking things up very quick.

I'll read pdfs of adventures on the iPad, but for use at the game table I prefer to have a print copy. At the very least a print copy of the map. Makes cross referencing map locations and descriptions easier.

If possible I prefer to buy a print and pdf bundle.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:31 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 546
Ogrepuppy wrote:
For adventures, I'm very torn. Having a book is nice. I enjoy dead tree format publications.

With PDFs I can print out the sections--on a computer, not the Nexus--that I want and, for example, rename NPCs/locations as I see fit, re-draw/draw on top of maps, and generally add notes to the printed sheet that I'd be reluctant to do with a dead tree version that I paid money for. I hate the idea of dropping $15 on a book and then writing in the margin.


AJClark wrote:

If possible I prefer to buy a print and pdf bundle.


That's exactly where I'm at. I like the PDF so I can rip the words to a word processor to change the thing (either update it as we go through -- especially something extensive like Barrowmaze -- or to alter things slightly, as in a conversion situation) -- and the PDF is absolutely required for prep work --- and I crave the printed version because I wants it.

Haven't found a use for straight up e-book/epub (not PDF) at the table.

_________________
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:19 pm 
Offline
Tight-Lipped Warlock
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:26 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the Towers of Carcosa
ragboy wrote:
Haven't found a use for straight up e-book/epub (not PDF) at the table.


Exactly.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 am
Posts: 768
Location: Los Angeles
Ogrepuppy wrote:
ragboy wrote:
Haven't found a use for straight up e-book/epub (not PDF) at the table.


Exactly.


I'm the opposite. I find that reading and bookmarking an epub is a zillion times easier than a PDF, and much faster too. I can't reading PDFs on my laptop, even way less on my tablet. Especially when they're 8.5x11. If they were digest, 8.5x5.5 or even 9x6, it'd be fine/better. But PDFs are so slow and cumbersome to me, even PDFs formatted that way are a pain, i.e. worthless to me. I end up printing everything I need out every time.

I want this bad, but I too am going to wait for a print version.

_________________
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:23 pm 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 546
reverenddak wrote:
I'm the opposite. I find that reading and bookmarking an epub is a zillion times easier than a PDF, and much faster too. I can't reading PDFs on my laptop, even way less on my tablet. Especially when they're 8.5x11. If they were digest, 8.5x5.5 or even 9x6, it'd be fine/better. But PDFs are so slow and cumbersome to me, even PDFs formatted that way are a pain, i.e. worthless to me. I end up printing everything I need out every time.

I want this bad, but I too am going to wait for a print version.


Currently trying to figure out the epub thing with images... Academic for the moment.

_________________
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 161
initially I had no interest in this as I thought it was a mind flayer adventure. When I looked into it more and realized it was a series of encounters I was more interested. After picking it up and scrolling around a bit I think there are some good things in here. Worth picking up as a spring board for ideas, or as some encounters to use as filler or to flush out for something bigger.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:57 pm 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 546
Rostranor wrote:
initially I had no interest in this as I thought it was a mind flayer adventure. When I looked into it more and realized it was a series of encounters I was more interested. After picking it up and scrolling around a bit I think there are some good things in here. Worth picking up as a spring board for ideas, or as some encounters to use as filler or to flush out for something bigger.


Glad you picked it up! Let us know what you think when you've had some time to read it and run a couple.

_________________
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:09 pm 
Offline
Tight-Lipped Warlock
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:26 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the Towers of Carcosa
reverenddak wrote:
I can't reading PDFs on my laptop, even way less on my tablet. Especially when they're 8.5x11.


Nexus 10: Almost 8.5" x 11" in size, and with a better resolution than an iPad.

Pure gold-coated-cocaine win.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group