Happy Thanksgiving!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Giant mutated turkey: Init +4; Atk bite +3 melee (1d6+2) or kick +1 melee (dmg 1d8+3); AC 10; HD 5d8; MV 30’ or fly 5’; Act 2d20; SP gobble, spew stuffing, induce lethargy; SV Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5; AL N.

The giant mutated turkey is as tall as a man, with powerful drumsticks armed with sharp claws. It is capable of limited flight despite being plucked and overweight. Each round it can make one of three special attacks as a free action:

Gobble: The giant mutated turkey can gobble, creating a sonic attack that does 1d3 damage to all within 15'.

Spew stuffing: The giant mutated turkey spews a stream of stuffing in a 30' line at a single target (+4 to hit, 1d3 damage, and the target must make a DC 10 Will save or spend its next action either cleaning the stuff off or eating it, according to how the target view stuffing). A character who knows the spell consult spirit can make use of this stuffing to contact a sage that it contains, whose areas of knowledge are cooking (especially deep frying and roasting), spice racks, and American holidays. Admittedly, these areas of knowledge are rather useless in most campaign milieus.

Induce lethargy: Every creature within 30' of the giant mutated turkey must make a DC 10 Fort save or its initiative count goes down by 2. Any creature that bites the turkey automatically suffers this effect with no save. A creature whose initiative count is reduced below 0 by this effect may still participate in the combat, but must first loosen its belt a notch and look for a couch to lay down upon.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Primordial cranberry jelly: Init +0; Atk pseudopod +5 melee (2d3); AC 8; HD 8d10; MV 5’; Act 1d20; SP 15' reach, cranberries; SV Fort +8, Ref -4, Will +0; AL N.

The primordial cranberry jelly (in some areas, known as a "sauce") is often shaped exactly like a can, down to the ridges of the can's surface. It lashes out with a single pseudopod, but it has a 15' reach with this attack. Not all primordial cranberry jellies have whole cranberries within them, but those which do (about 25%-50%, depending upon the region you are in) can shoot them up to 60 feet as a ranged attack with a +6 bonus to hit causing 2d5 damage, once every 4 rounds.

The primordial cranberry jelly is not often considered a very dangerous monster - most adventurers can quickly get out of the range of the average specimen - but it is known to herald, in roughly one month's time, a truly horrendous beast: petrified fruitcake from the dawn of time!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

If only you had posted these a few days ago. I got together with a couple of friends for a short one-shot game session yesterday after the big feast and would have loved to have dropped those critters into the battle!

Ah, well, maybe next year. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

finarvyn wrote:If only you had posted these a few days ago. I got together with a couple of friends for a short one-shot game session yesterday after the big feast and would have loved to have dropped those critters into the battle!

Ah, well, maybe next year. 8)
Canadian Thanksgiving was last month, and I was in the middle of running a "Halloween Month Presentation" of Death Frost Doom during that period!

Are you planning a December game? Do you need a Getting Fat Goose? The aforementioned Petrified Fruitcake? The dreaded (and sticky) Candy Cane Golem? The Red Thing in the Chimney? Mutant Reindeer? Tinsel Spiders?

:twisted:

(I wonder, if I wrote such a twisted thing, if I could get anyone to illustrate it in time to make a free pdf for the holidays? And if Joseph Goodman would be okay with that? Obviously, it wouldn't give him time to license, but then, neither would there be a cost. Just posted here for fun.)

RC
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:(I wonder, if I wrote such a twisted thing, if I could get anyone to illustrate it in time to make a free pdf for the holidays? And if Joseph Goodman would be okay with that? Obviously, it wouldn't give him time to license, but then, neither would there be a cost. Just posted here for fun.)
(I'd be willing to take a crack at an illo or two...) ( :mrgreen: )

(BTW, why are we talking like this?)
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:(I wonder, if I wrote such a twisted thing, if I could get anyone to illustrate it in time to make a free pdf for the holidays? And if Joseph Goodman would be okay with that? Obviously, it wouldn't give him time to license, but then, neither would there be a cost. Just posted here for fun.)
(I'd be willing to take a crack at an illo or two...) ( :mrgreen: )

(BTW, why are we talking like this?)
I'm going to pen this puppy this weekend. PM me with the email you'd like me to use, and I'll send you the draft. Whatever illos you feel like doing are fine. I'd like to post by Wednesday (not using the compatibility logo 'cause of time pressures and all) because I plan on running it Thursday.

"The Thing in the Chimney"

(And Damn those geniuses at The Big Bang Theory for beating me to holiday fun! :lol: )
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Well, I've written the text and drawn the maps.

Unless there are unforeseen difficulties, this thing will be made available for free on Tuesday.

If there are unforeseen difficulties (and if there are, they are my fault for trying to rush this out), you'll have to wait until next year! :lol:
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG General”