Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

Post by Outsiders68 »

Link below

http://www.indiegogo.com/Unusualsuspect ... e&a=616751

Please support us by getting the message out.

Kind regards

Sean
Colin

Re: Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

Post by Colin »

You might want some info. r.e. int'l P&P.
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Our goal with "The Unusual Suspects" is to expand upon this amazing product by focusing on a unique concept from the DCC RPG - patron magic - and expanding it. 

"The Unusual Suspects" is a perfect bound softcover supplement book detailing a host of new patrons for use in the DCC RPG.  In terms of patrons, expect our work to show the influences of Gardner Fox, A. Merritt, Leigh Brackett, Michael Moorcock, Robert E. Howard, and H.P. Lovecraft to name a few.  "The Unusual Suspects" will be a 32-page, high quality product featuring brand new artwork.  It will utilize the Open Game License and the Dungeon Crawl Classics compatability license to ensure full compatability to the Dungeon Crawl Classic rules set.

Because this project is still in development, and because we want to make this supplement really worth your time, Dragon's Hoard publishing is proud to announce a number of stretch goals to "The Unusual Suspects".  For every additional goal we meet, after our initial goal, we will add an additional sixteen pages of patrons until the book reaches a staggering 96 pages, with a final 4 pages dedicated to our brand new magic items section!

If that isn't enough to pique your interest, we will also be providing free shipping anywhere in the world.

Below we have outlined what we are hoping to achieve with this project.

Goal #1 - Our primary goal is to reach $2,000. If successful, this will see the basic 32 page print of The Unusual Suspects. 

Goal #2 - The first of our stretch goals is $4,000.  If we reach this new goal, we will add 16 additional pages of patrons to The Unusual Suspects, bringing the total page count to 48.  

Goal #3 - Should we raise $6,000 we will add another 16 pages of content for a total of 64 pages of patrons for use in the Dungeon Crawl Classic RPG!

Goal #4 - If we reach $8,000 yet another 16 pages of patrons will be added to The Unusual Suspects for a staggering 80 pages of patrons! The design team here at Dragon's Hoard publishing will autograph the books going to anyone who donated $50 or more.

Goal #5 - At $10,000 we will print The Unusual Suspects with a whopping 96 pages of patrons for use in the Dungeon Crawl Classic RPG!

Goal #6 - Our final stretch goal is $12,000 and should we reach it will be a mystery addition to The Unusual Suspects.   We will also feature a special gift to all of those who donated to the project no matter the amount.

Please take a look at the site however I hope this information helps.

Kind regards

Sean
mindshadow2k
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by mindshadow2k »

Looks to be a nice product (if only I did paypal :(). The video of the actual text and such the layout looks to be very professional (from what you can see)!

Dang my dislike of paypal!!! It looks like the patrons are displeased with me ;).

After your crowd sourcing will you have it available for purchase at places like http://www.rpgnow.com/www.drivethrurpg.com or even www.lulu.com?
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Awesome! Im in for $50, from the USA. :D

Any chance for exchanging the t-shirt for a game box or something else game related?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Blood Axe wrote:Awesome! Im in for $50, from the USA. :D

Any chance for exchanging the t-shirt for a game box or something else game related?
How about my signed module tomb of curses!
ShaggyCan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ShaggyCan »

I don't quite get it, so are you making the book in different lengths? Since at $20 you get bonus goals 2&3 and at $25 you get 2-4, the only difference between the two is the extra pages?
Colin

Post by Colin »

ShaggyCan wrote:I don't quite get it, so are you making the book in different lengths? Since at $20 you get bonus goals 2&3 and at $25 you get 2-4, the only difference between the two is the extra pages?
Yeah, it's not very clear, sadly. No info. on if orders outside the US will have to pay more for P&P either. Sean, did you run the various support levels past an editor?

Colin
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

It actually says in the description of the campaign that shipping is free anywhere in the world.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Outsiders68 wrote:
Blood Axe wrote:Awesome! Im in for $50, from the USA. :D

How about my signed module tomb of curses!
Ok, that would be great! Thank you very much. :D
bitflipr
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bitflipr »

Is there a website for Dragon's Horde Publishing?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I am working with Sean to iron out any & all issues regarding bonus goals.

I am very excited by this product....Patrons are a major part of the DCC RPG experience, in my opinion, and one of the elements that really sets this game apart. The inclusion of patrons also informs the campaign milieu -- they are important supernatural beings with designs of their own, and those designs can affect the world(s) in which the game takes place. Patrons are both important to the PCs and to their enemies.

A great variety of potential patrons will help judges define their settings. They are useful in the creation of adventures. They help to differentiate one PC wizard from another.

At least sixteen of the patrons appearing in the book will be my own. I am actually developing twenty-two, so we will see how large of a page count we can reach. I am drawing heavily from Appendix N sources for these. My personal goal is to ensure that judges have plenty of Sword & Sorcery patrons to choose from, while also supplying examples of the weirder types of entities that can populate Appendix N gaming.

I think you are going to like this book. I know I am.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ShaggyCan wrote:I don't quite get it, so are you making the book in different lengths? Since at $20 you get bonus goals 2&3 and at $25 you get 2-4, the only difference between the two is the extra pages?
Good catch, Shaggy. Sean is going to update the site to indicate that you get a pdf copy of my adventure, The Revelation of Mulmo at $20 and a print copy at $25.

If you look at the supporter levels, you will see that Mulmo is "He Who Whispers Forgotten Secrets". To hear Mulmo's rasping whispers is to know much...and, perhaps, also to be driven mad.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Will contributors created patrons be included?? In print or just PDF?
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Blood Axe wrote:Will contributors created patrons be included?? In print or just PDF?
Contributions will be included in print and pdf and credit given.

Many thanks for the questions

Kind regards

Sean
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

I'm your third backer! Hope to see you some time at a UK convention, Sean.
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Congrats you guys, and good luck!

Now I have to see if I can scrounge up more kickstarter-indiegogo cash... ugh!

How can Crawl! fanzine help you guys out? heh.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
HiroTsukasa
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by HiroTsukasa »

Colin wrote:
Yeah, it's not very clear, sadly.
This. Maybe I am just burnt out from backing the initial 3 DCC kickstarters, but this was my first thought reading over things. Are we to assume that, in the event all bonus goals are met, we will only get the "full" book/pdf if we've pledged at a level that includes all 5 bonus goals and will otherwise have pages left out of the book/pdf rewarded at lower levels?

Seems like an oversight? Or otherwise, why even offer any of the levels below $35? If they were a boxed set of themed booklets or something I'd get it, but...
theHunterD13
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by theHunterD13 »

bitflipr wrote:Is there a website for Dragon's Horde Publishing?
There is no official website as of yet. This project is our first attempt to enter the RPG market as a publishing company. As we grow and subsequent products released we have plans on launching a website to house all of our products and explain more about us.

Thank you for your interest in our product.
theHunterD13
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by theHunterD13 »

reverenddak wrote: How can Crawl! fanzine help you guys out? heh.
My name is Derrick and I am a member of Dragons Hoard Publishing and I want to say thank you for offering your support in the launch of our product. I also want to thank you for placing a link to our campaign page on your website.

As to what Crawl! fanzine can do to help us out is simple, the first thing is simply exposure (which you have already started on your website) as the campaign continues maybe (and I will talk with Sean our Project Lead on this) you could post an article about the Unusual Suspects in your next edition of Crawl!. Lastly based upon our success with this project Crawl! might be able to help with further exposure by reviewing our product or hosting an interview with Sean?

Those are just a few ideas that I had in mind and am willing to discuss further options with you. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me here on the forum boards through a private message, and thank you again for your support of the Unusual Suspects and Dragons Hoard Publishing.
theHunterD13
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by theHunterD13 »

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to back this project and to those of you with questions or concerns we are sorting out any issues that come up. We encourage you to continue to ask questions as it helps us launch a better product and ensure our perks are giving you, the customer, what you want.

Thank you again for your support of the Unusual Suspects and of Dragons Hoard Publishing.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The module I am writing as an incentive deals with He Who Whispers Forgotten Secrets, who provides clues to reach the Forgotten Elf-Vaults beneath Madman's Tor, wherein the Cauldron of the Dead may restore a lost life or may drive men mad. Mulmo promises to reveal the ritual whereby life and animation may be restored to the lost...but at what cost?
SoBH pbp:

ShaggyCan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ShaggyCan »

Well once the levels get cleaned up and make more sense, I'm sure I'll be all in. Looks very interesting.
Colin

Post by Colin »

ShaggyCan wrote:Well once the levels get cleaned up and make more sense, I'm sure I'll be all in. Looks very interesting.
Ditto. I hope the confusion over how the levels will work is cleared up soon.
theHunterD13
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by theHunterD13 »

Colin wrote:
ShaggyCan wrote:Well once the levels get cleaned up and make more sense, I'm sure I'll be all in. Looks very interesting.
Ditto. I hope the confusion over how the levels will work is cleared up soon.
Thank you for your support, we are working on sorting out the level/perk problems, currently we are having a minor hiccup with the indiegogo interface but are fixing it as soon as possible. If you have further questions or concerns please let us know and we will resolve them as quickly as possible. Thank you.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”