new guy with question

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

reddkey
Gongfarmer

new guy with question

Post by reddkey »

DCC impressed me so much when I walked into my comic store, it inspired me to take up gaming again.

Normally I was a Forgotten Realms guy, and it seems you can plug these adventures right in to any setting, but the DCC 35 campaign setting intrigues me. I wanted to ask a question of those who have it, how good is it? Is it simply a map, and immense collection of useless stuff (like FR often was)?

I'm looking for something straight forward, cut and dry, to plop down DCC adventures in without a lot of fuss. How well do the DCC modules and the setting mesh? Is it worth it to learn a whole new setting, if I know FR in and out (even though I am frustrated with it most times, in the end, its just a map)?

I also saw a huge hardcover green book from DCC with lots of 1-2 level adventures. I didn't see it advertised on the site. Is this a collection of all the 1-2 adventures ever made by DCC or all new adventures? Does anyone have this and can they tell me about it?
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Welcome aboard redkey,

Here is a few links to board threads that should answer your questions:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=746

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1085

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=854

I'm sure there are more lurking about several pages back but these should be of great help. The first two deal with the campaign setting and the third link is about the hardback tome of 1st level adventures.

I can recommend any of the DCC line. I own most up to #34, but I feel safe in saying those that come after that will be quailty modules as well. The DCC line has a good editor and the owner of the company picks winners.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: new guy with question

Post by bighara »

reddkey wrote: I also saw a huge hardcover green book from DCC with lots of 1-2 level adventures. I didn't see it advertised on the site. Is this a collection of all the 1-2 adventures ever made by DCC or all new adventures? Does anyone have this and can they tell me about it?
"The Adventure Begins" http://www.goodman-games.com/5028preview.php

It's a collection of short adventures for beginning level characters. I own it and the overall quality of the collection is very good. These are -as advertised- great for kicking off a campaign or for one-shots.
"Bighara RULES!" -Ogrepuppy

"Well, that's just genius." :D -GnomeBoy
Barrataria
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Barrataria »

DCC 35 is great. There's a broad range of all kinds of stuff, and several probably won't fit with your campaign. But there's so many adventures, that doesn't matter at all. Definitely something for everyone. Most of them are fairly small too, so handy for a beginning session when you need to have time to explain the campaign, roll up characters, etc.

BB
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

I have the campaign setting and the big, green, 'The Adventure Begins'. They are both worth it. I got the adventure begins almost 6 months ago and we still have unplayed adventures in it. There are 20 in there :D
Roll for initiative!!!
reddkey
Gongfarmer

Post by reddkey »

I went out and got the campaign setting, the big green book, and about 4 or 5 of the DCC adventures from 3-8 level ranges.

At first glance I don't know about the campaign setting. Although I do like the fact that theres a lot of blanks in there for a DM to fill in. Seems like every rock in the entire continent of Faerun is accounted for.

"Sorry, no adventures here, Elminsters already got a handle on this,...maybe you can go be a farmer or something."

Comes to mind.

This all looks very very fun, and I love the artwork. It is so fantastic. Never change that. It is an instant sell, everytime I look at it.
gargoyle
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gargoyle »

i recommend you play the isle of fury and then come back here and tell us what you thought of it... of course i am really biased...
Greg Oppedisano
Author: The Great City Campaign setting, PC Pearls, Sidetrek Adventure Weekly, GM Gems, DCC 48, DCC 49, DCC 43, DCC 32, DCC 29...
Contact info and bibliography in the WereCabbage patch: http://www.werecabbages.com/members.php?id=22

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”