Fantasy Artist will work for exposure!

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

glendy
Ill-Fated Peasant

Fantasy Artist will work for exposure!

Post by glendy »

Hey all my name is Scott. I have been playing DCC since it early beta PDF release with a great party of people every monday. During that time I have drawn a series of illustrations for our adventures that are later placed next to the DMs write ups.

I do the art cause my main line of work as an expat living in Japan is illustrations for kids English books. I got into that by teaching English and then doing sketches for word cards when my company didn't have the ones I needed. This was on my own time and lead to a career I enjoy and that allows me to do art every day.

Now I want to offer this same skill to this community of publishers in the line of DCC add ons. Number 1 to give purpose to what I draw and 2 to get exposure. I am not lookin to land any commissions I am more so looking for requests for art that will end up published. Although my skills cover acrylics, oils, and even air brushing and tattooing (yes I have an entire machine setup and proper cleaning equipment) I prefer the fine pencil and ink work of the retro work still seen in goodman products today. Don't get me wrong I would love to still do some color pieces in acrylic or water color for publications too but my passion lies in simple illustration based in the work of the masters.

If you are interested or need an artist please check out my profile on deviantart.com My ID is unrested.

I also have a google plus account under Scottmackerman@gmail.com

You can reach me at the same email for requests. Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Last edited by glendy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody gets out of life alive. We live to die for what we succeed in.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Fantasy Artist will work for exposure!

Post by beermotor »

Link for the lazy: unrested on deviant art

Cool stuff. The "Nekropacalpyse" made me laugh out loud... pure awesome.

ADMIN EDIT: Fixed the link.
Last edited by beermotor on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
glendy
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by glendy »

hey thanks alot for the quick link. sorry i havent used a forum in ages. in fact this is the only one i am using as of current.

as for nekropokalypse. yeah a bit over the top right? it was actually designs for a now defunct secondlife world. but you are right it was definitely alot of fun to draw.

thought i would just add another sample too

Colin

Post by Colin »

Welcome to the forums. Nice style you've got there, and nice to see yet another teacher (ex-teacher) on he forums (we have more than our fair share it seems, myself included).

Colin
glendy
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by glendy »

just wanted to say thanks for having me on the forum. after posting this i have gotten 4 seperate jobs for artwork. i said i would do them all for free but so far have been paid for everything and the work keeps coming. i just got here and this forum is doing wonders for my art.

here is a sample from a book that will be on new creatures for the DCC world

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”