Fluffy Gods!

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Troy812
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Fluffy Gods!

Post by Troy812 »

I'd like a little more information on the current gods in the DCC Rulebook before I start thinking about new ones.

Can anyone tell me where I can get some FLUFF on the non-Lovecraftian gods listed in the rule book.
blackwingedheaven
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Fluffy Gods!

Post by blackwingedheaven »

Details about a lot of the gods can be found in the Dungeon Crawl Classics #35 GM's Guide (Gazetteer of the Known Realms).
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire
Colin

Post by Colin »

Look for more news on this front soon too. :)

Colin
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

I thought this topic is about deities for a DCC campaign where you play as bunnies and other little furry animals. Alas it seems I was wrong.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Troy812
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Troy812 »

Watership Down.... Appendix N or not Appendix N, that is the question.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

I use every god from every mythology, including lovecraftian Old Ones. Makes it easier for my players, since most of them probably know a bit about Greek or Norse mythology at least, and they don't have to read a list about what kind of gods my setting has. Plus if it was good for the Wilderlands, it's good enough for me. :)
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Troy812 wrote:Watership Down.... Appendix N or not Appendix N, that is the question.
Appendix Acid
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Troy812 wrote:Watership Down.... Appendix N or not Appendix N, that is the question.
His other book -- Shardik -- is firmly in the Appendix N school. Very dark, with a demonic bear worshipped as a god, etc.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

ragboy wrote:
His other book -- Shardik -- is firmly in the Appendix N school. Very dark, with a demonic bear worshipped as a god, etc.
+1. Also, that book was a great morality tale, you had some good fall from grace and then long journey to redemption story going on. The child slavery thing was brutal. At root, the whole book is about the evils of slavery. Seeing as how there's (arguably) a bunch of racism in most fantasy literature/gaming, Shardik makes for a neat counterpoint. Also the low-magicness is appealing.

Guess I'm just getting old and crotchety, but high fantasy stuff just kinda bores me anymore.

Return to “Magic and Spells”