Currently looking for like minded writers and artist's ?

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Currently looking for like minded writers and artist's ?

Post by Outsiders68 »

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for dedicated people to work on some independent 3pp.

So if you think you have the talent

Send me an email on

Sean.connors68@me.com

Kind regards

Sean
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Currently looking for like minded writers and artist's ?

Post by GnomeBoy »

On what do we base any potential like-mindedness?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Check out liberfanatica8 I was lead developer.

That show's you the standard's I like to deliver.

I hope that helps.

My name Sean Connors you can check me out on YouTube under the name outsiders68

Regards
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I think that what people are suggesting is that a call for content should provide some clear idea of what content you are looking for. Likewise, if you are seeking "like-minded people", you should indicate what "like-minded" means.

If you can't say what it is you are looking for, how is someone supposed to determine that by researching it on YouTube?

Normal code of conduct in the publishing industry is that the publisher determines style guidelines, and provides clear submission guides and terms. Freelancers may wish to negotiate those guidelines and terms, but you shouldn't expect people to perform research to get even basic information, unless you are offering clear and substantive incentives for doing so.

IMHO. YMMV. Etc., etc.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Post by Black Dougal »

Outsiders68 wrote:Check out liberfanatica8 I was lead developer.

That show's you the standard's I like to deliver.

I hope that helps.

My name Sean Connors you can check me out on YouTube under the name outsiders68

Regards
Not to pile on the criticism, but perhaps you could provide a link to this "liberfanatica8" thing for those of us who have no idea what it is?
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Hi everyone, to help out (Sean being so darn great for his contribution to the BHP kickstarter)

http://www.liberfanatica.net/LF8download.html

I don't have time to read through but the design standards look fantastic.

I am not interested in writing for rpgs but yes a breakdown of the direction you wish to follow would certainly help people get an idea if they can help out.
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Appreciate the help sorry I completely misunderstood what a mess I had made of my post,so for that I apologise.

I'm looking to put together an immediate indigogo project around patrons magic items and a possible screen.

For this wonderful rpg.

I need artists ,writers and a sample of there work to my email Sean.connors68@me.com

Hope that clears it up.

Regards

Sean
Colin

Post by Colin »

Sean, can I offer a little advice as someone who has freelanced on over 40 rpg publications (including several ENnie and Origins nominees and winners), and who also runs their own rpg publishing company?

1) Get to know a community first and let them get to know you. Be personable, not terse. People are more likely to show interest if they know you're a decent, community-minded guy, and some of that perception can only come with time and participation.
2) Be crystal clear in what you are looking for. Let people know what you actually want them to do, what you are aiming to produce, what skills you are looking for, and what sorts of recompense you are likely to be able to offer.
3) Spend time drafting your call for freelancers before posting it. You need to ensure that such an "official" posting is reasonably well-edited. Frequent errors such as misuse of apostrophes, sentence fragments, incorrect use of there/their/they're, et al. will cause people to assume you're simply an amateur going off half-cocked and that will drive down interest.
4) If this is a commercial project, have you even contacted Joseph to discuss it with him?

You clearly have enthusiasm and a desire to do something, but at the moment it looks like you're running around frantically without really knowing what you're doing, and even if that perception is incorrect, you're not doing anything to dispel it. Slow down, plan and formulate a little, engage with people.

cheers!
Colin
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

I appreciate the pointers.

Colin.

Yes I have contacted Joseph and am formulating a plan.

I'm currently looking to put together an idea for a patron's book and some stuff on magic item's.

I'm currently writing the idea and awaiting some art work then I will approach the community and show them the potential.Naturally if the audience is not convinced I'm sure they will vote by not using there wallet and voicing there concern's my belief is what I have to show is of the highest standard's and of coarse in the right style.

So for the moment I will plan then come back with some tasters.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

There is a lot of potential in a Patrons book, esp. if there is a permission to use those patrons in other products.

I am working on patrons myself, and would consider submitting.

When the time comes, I can also do editing.

RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Sorry I also forgot to mention that I'm dyslexic.
However the end result is all way's of the highest order but in my enthusiasm some things are often missed in sentence construction.
When I write I always employ proof readers to make sure that my work is of the highest order.
Sorry to have to explain myself but I think it's important.
I love this system and am determined that what I do is of the highest quality and I am sure when you see what we are planning you will all agree.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

All the more reason for a strong editor.
SoBH pbp:

Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Raven_Crowking wrote:All the more reason for a strong editor.

If you would like the job I'm hiring

And would be great to share idea's with someone working on a similar idea.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

When you have a firm idea of the project, i.e., length, number of patrons, etc., pass that information on to me.

I have no idea what remuneration you have in mind yet, so you'll want to include that information as well. I have a day job, and I have no illusions about getting rich doing this sort of work, but that information is good to know.

You can reach me at ravencrowking at hotmail dot com or at dbishop at danieljbishop dot ca.

By all means, give me a shout if you need to bounce ideas around.

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

Colin

Post by Colin »

Outsiders68 wrote:So for the moment I will plan then come back with some tasters.
As a KS2 teacher who has worked with children with all manner of SEN, I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Take it slow and steady, run things through someone you can trust, and come back with something excellent. :)

Colin

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”