Posting homemade "amateur" DCC module?

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Posting homemade "amateur" DCC module?

Post by sheriffharry »

(Reposted from the Judge thread)

Would this be the right place to post a "homemade" DCC module ?

I've been working on one (originally for AD&D, level 8-10, that can be easily converted) for a long time and I'm in the mood, and have the time, to finish it this summer..
GreyM
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Posting homemade "amateur" DCC module?

Post by GreyM »

I can't answer your question, but if you need to host it somewhere, I can host it for you as others could as well.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Awesome, Sheriff!

For right now, the Judge's sub-forum is your best bet. But, hopefully we'll amass enough of these to merit their own sub-forum!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

I've got something pretty gnarly in the works at the moment. I'm trying to have it together so I can run it for my birthday next weekend, but I've got some work cut out for me. I'll drop a sneak peak from a table I'm working on:
Roll 1d5. The result is the number of fingers that have been transformed into keys on one hand. Each key will unlock the first door it’s used upon and no other. If all of the fingers are affected, it is impossible to wield a weapon in that hand and all fine-motor skills automatically fail. If the majority are affected, attacks are made at -4 on the dice chain and all skill checks are made as if they are untrained. If a minority are affected, all attacks and skill checks are made with a -2 penalty.
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

I would LOVE to help you guys get your modules published. Either posted online (I wouldn't mind hosting it), formatted to PDF or even printed. I could help you get your own stuff self-published, or I could put my stamp on it and I could do it. But I fall under the same criteria of anything under the "Compatible with DCC RPG" licence, i.e. it has to be good and JG has to approve it.

But purely fan-based materials, posted for FREE! DIY is the way to go. For inspiration, look at these examples:

A Conan adventurer, free online:
http://hyboria.xoth.net/adventures/towe ... ephant.htm

A self published mod in a "zine-like" format:
http://alligatorking.blogspot.com/2012/ ... alert.html
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

Thanks reverenddak! we'll be in touch.

I've started conversion from the original AD&D stats block to "standard" DCC all over the module.
It's going well, about 1/3 done already. I've also replace many monsters in order to use those of the "Cyclopedia", whenever it fits.

Further posts on my adventure ("The Tainted Forest") will be in the Judge thread, probably looking for proofreaders and/or playtesting group..

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”