Representin', as the younger hip kids say.

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

sunrunner4
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Representin', as the younger hip kids say.

Post by sunrunner4 »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fro ... k/comments

Just sayin' - a Rappan Athuk DCC PRG version would be super sweet...

Sunrunner4 - noted sucker.

PS - or, see if you can join evil forces and do one of the 'bonus' modules as DCC! Lower workload and still a nice tease/marketing piece.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Representin', as the younger hip kids say.

Post by Ravenheart87 »

sunrunner4 wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fro ... k/comments

Just sayin' - a Rappan Athuk DCC PRG version would be super sweet...

Sunrunner4 - noted sucker.

PS - or, see if you can join evil forces and do one of the 'bonus' modules as DCC! Lower workload and still a nice tease/marketing piece.
It would be sweet, but you can convert from both systems to DCC RPG without effort.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I have to say, Kickstarter has gotten me thinking on a couple subjects. One of the most-requested projects I haven't done is a Pathfinder conversion of the old 3.5 DCC modules. Close behind are requests for DCC RPG conversions. For DCC RPG I would prefer to focus on new material that has the Appendix N feel, but Kickstarter makes me wonder if I should throw out a "Pathfinder DCC compilation" and see if there's really any weight to all those requests. Maybe one of these days when more DCC RPG modules are done...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

Ooooh tease!
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
sunrunner4
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sunrunner4 »

Honestly, if the workload/cost-per-unit wasn't excessive, you could probably do a series and run of exact converts of some of the 'most flavorable' original run modules.

Also would be interesting to see if the original authors would be game to do the 're-skin' and both update the atmospherics as well as add some new twists or surprises in (if they thought it was fitting).

Sunrunner4 - does nothing but find ways to make work for other people
sunrunner4
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sunrunner4 »

I also note that further on the Kickstarter comments string...Bill ruled it out if he had to do the work, but wasn't ruling out the concept...

Sunrunner4 - making yet more work, et cetera
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

I plan on getting the S&W version, it matches DCC RPG a lot closer. With Races as Classes, lower power curve and Ascending AC. I was playing S&W before I converted to DCC RPG, and I still use S&W to fill any blanks...

That being said, on a financial point of view, redoing classic DCC mods to Pathfinder would be smart. Pathfinder people are the ones making Rappan Athuk so successful, not S&W. The irony is that Bill Webb plays S&W, it's his core set of rules. So he's making something he wants, and Pathfinder fans are supporting it.

I see no problem with Pathfinder fans supporting DCC RPG financially.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hmm, interesting points. Well if any of you guys are hooked into the Paizo / Pathfinder community, let them know that I'd be open to such a conversion if the interest is genuinely there. Potential fans of such a project should feel free to "represent" in this thread. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
sunrunner4
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sunrunner4 »

Pathfinder was the gateway drug that got me back into RPGing after a decade without; hooked into OSR soon thereafter and thenceforth* to GG.

I'd buy DCC classics reskinned as both PF and as DCC RPG, but then again, I'm an idiot.

At some point I'll tap the Paizo BB's with the same question, though, unless someone else gets to it first.

Sunrunner4 - noted idiot.

* if it's not a word, it should be
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

I'm neither a Pathfinder guy nor truly a S&W one, and I already own Rappan Athuk R1, R2, & R3, but I'd happily $upport a DCC RPG version.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

+1. And the fact that my party must encounter the poop monster on the first level!
blindelf
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by blindelf »

I think there is some potential for a crossover between DCC RPG and the 'Beginner Box'
version of Pathfinder RPG, which is a stripped-down 'rules-lite' version of Pathfinder/3.5
d20 engine without most of the fiddly 3.5 stuff for movement/combat/character build etc.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

I, for one, would LOVE to see Into the Wilds done as PF, with all the errata/corrections included and the maps as accurate as possible....and maybe, if Harley were up for it, even a little Easter Egg bonus area.

That adventure "broke my cherry" re: DMing, and holds a special place in my heart.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Ogrepuppy wrote:I, for one, would LOVE to see Into the Wilds done as PF, with all the errata/corrections included and the maps as accurate as possible....and maybe, if Harley were up for it, even a little Easter Egg bonus area.

That adventure "broke my cherry" re: DMing, and holds a special place in my heart.
BTW, that is a good example of the "mini-sandbox" idea I was talking about in the other thread.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
maasenstodt
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by maasenstodt »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
Ogrepuppy wrote:I, for one, would LOVE to see Into the Wilds done as PF, with all the errata/corrections included and the maps as accurate as possible....and maybe, if Harley were up for it, even a little Easter Egg bonus area.

BTW, that is a good example of the "mini-sandbox" idea I was talking about in the other thread.
All the better to convert it to DCC RPG in addition to or instead of to Pathfinder. :wink:
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Seriously, follow Frog God's lead by using Pathfinder's cult-like following to fund DCC RPG products.

Both Tome of Horrors and Rappan Athuk (and pretty much every Frog God Games adventure) are being produced in both Swords & Wizardry AND Pathfinder. The Pathfinder edition of Tome of Horrors has sold out TWICE, while the S&W version is still in stock. I'm pretty sure the success of Rappan Athuk is bring driven by Pathfinder folks. As someone that has ran Rappan Athuk for 3.0, I know very well how Old-School it is, and I'm surprised Pathfinder folks are interested in it at all, especially considering how much Pathfinder is essentially 3e. Since Bill Webb personally plays S&W/Original D&D and he's going to see his mega-dungeon get updated and printed AGAIN!

He sees nothing wrong with exploiting Pathfinder. Why should we?
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”