Praise for Ben Waxman

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Praise for Ben Waxman

Post by fathead »

I just wanted to thank Ben Waxman for his Dunjinni work. We had a "Con Yeoman" at our house, and invited several friends from several states. We ran a couple of tables. At one table, I decided to run the Iron Crypt of the Heretics. I printed off the Dunjinni maps in the Free Material section...they were a huge hit. I'm now considering purchasing Dunjinni for my regular weekly game (I won't be mapping everything, but some encounters would be nice).

When looking for another DCC module to run as a "one shot" adventure, I purchased Legacy of the Savage Kings, based on the facts that:

1. I like Harley Stroh's flavor text and writing style
2. Ben Waxman had created Dunjinni maps for that module as well.

So, thanks Ben! Great work!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Here, here!

Ben has always been a selfless, devoted, skilled mapper, motivated out of a love of the game. It doesn't get much better than that. We are fortunate to have him in our community.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

I'll second those comments. Ben goes way above and beyond the call of duty of being a SuperFan!

A little known secret about Ben: he's doing battlemaps for this year's DCC sessions at Gen Con.

Rock on, Superfan. Thanks for the great work!

tacojohn4547
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Yup, Ben's maps rock... I think he was hooked after dying as poor Brother Jharo in Crypt of the Devil Lich back at the 2004 Gen Con tournament... Ever since, he's bled Goodman Green.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Ahhhh Shucks!!!

Now I'm blushing like a little schoolgirl!!!!

I'm seriously happy to help, as I have NEVER seen a game company so responsive to their fans, and so motivated to create fantastic products. I had no idea that they would get so big and powerful, and that they would ever make it to 30+ DCC's. Shows what hard work and talent will get you.

Hats off to Joe Goodman, Jason Little, Harley, and all the other remarkable folks who make Goodman Games the best game company on the planet.

Let's just say it's easy to be a superfan!!!

And p.s. After I finish "Project X" for Harley, I would be happy to take requests for mapping projects (Goodman Games products only of course).

(Let the WOTC folks find their own Superfan!!!)

:D
Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

tacojohn4547 wrote:A little known secret about Ben: he's doing battlemaps for this year's DCC sessions at Gen Con.
So when your last surviving PC goes down in a bloody TPK, think of Ben.

Any GM can kill a character. Superfan makes it look good. :twisted:

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Add my voice to the chorus praising Ben and his work.

He made some stellar maps for this year's tournament. Not only were his maps top-notch (especially given the..."unusual"...nature of some of the maps...hehehe!), he was a pretty cool dude to work with.

Other gaming companies have fans, but we have a Superfan!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

And another "hear, hear" for Ben!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Woundweaver
Gongfarmer

Post by Woundweaver »

I'm currently running DCC #17, Legacy of the Savage Kings (great adventure). My group has said that the maps you created really help bring the dungeon to life (or unlife in the case of the undead encounters). Thanks from my entire group, we all love your work.

I've tried to track down all the DCC maps you've created, but I'm not sure how successful I've been. Ben, when you have time could perhaps give a list of all the DCC adventures you've created maps for? Thanks again.

PS. Perhaps a thread should be created with links to all the DCC maps Ben has created.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ben's been good enough to do the Savage Kings, Iron Crypt, Palace in the Wastes (this year's tournament module) and now Halls of the Minotaur (released as part of DCC World).

We'll be sure to post Halls after GenCon (wouldn't want to give any away before hand) and Palace when it is published.

And, yes, he does awesome work. Even the gentleman that prints out our large scale maps had nothing but praise.

//H

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

You know all this praise will just lead to more hard work on my part!!!!

Thanks again for all the props! It pushes me to do more for the fans of this incredible company!

Right now I'm trying to decide what to do next. Any suggestions ? I'd be happy to jump right into any module you'd like. I'm even thinking about picking up the Xcrawl module and mapping that as well. Any interest from the fans? I had a blast with Xcrawl and am really looking forward to the module.

Thanks again, and hope everyone enjoys my maps at GenCon. Props to Joe Goodman for spending the several hundred bucks to print these out for the tourney, Taco and Harley. It's going to be a KICK@SS GenCoN!!! Wish I was there~

Ben "superfan" Waxman :D

(mapped out Devil Lich, Savage Kings, Iron Crypt of the Heretics (original) and Iron Crypt of the Heretics, Vault of the Dragon Kings (partial), Hall of the Minotaur.) All available here or email me at benwax@aol.com if you need something whipped up for your home DCC game).
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

superfan wrote:You know all this praise will just lead to more hard work on my part!!!!

Thanks again for all the props! It pushes me to do more for the fans of this incredible company!

Right now I'm trying to decide what to do next. Any suggestions ? I'd be happy to jump right into any module you'd like. I'm even thinking about picking up the Xcrawl module and mapping that as well. Any interest from the fans? I had a blast with Xcrawl and am really looking forward to the module.

Thanks again, and hope everyone enjoys my maps at GenCon. Props to Joe Goodman for spending the several hundred bucks to print these out for the tourney, Taco and Harley. It's going to be a KICK@SS GenCoN!!! Wish I was there~

Ben "superfan" Waxman :D

(mapped out Devil Lich, Savage Kings, Iron Crypt of the Heretics (original) and Iron Crypt of the Heretics, Vault of the Dragon Kings (partial), Hall of the Minotaur.) All available here or email me at benwax@aol.com if you need something whipped up for your home DCC game).
How about Dungeon Interludes?
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

If I'm not mistaken, Ben did do some maps for Dungeon Interludes -- methinks Chapters 2 and possibly 3... It's been a while and I don't have them linked from here. Am I right, Ben -- or losing my mind?
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Garsh!

You are correct! I had forgotten! I have several maps for the Dungeon Interludes. So far only for the adventures "The Defiled Sanctuary" and "The Hunter of Worlds." If anyone needs them, please let me know and I can email these maps to you. Or, if you want them on the site, let me know and I can upload them.

Really enjoyed the HUNTER maps. Very alien! Neat textures.

Fight on,

Ben the superfan :)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ben,

It might be worth setting up a website with links to all your maps. They tend to get lost when 3rd party folks (myself included) do the upkeep.

"Prester's Cartofaex" or something. A single place to go to get the official Superfan DCC maps.

Man. I have to get packing for GenCon. Wish you could be there.

//H

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Great idea Harley! I'll do my best to set up something to put up all the DCC maps in one place for easy access.

Have a great time at GenCon, and don't forget to pick up a boxed set for me and HOLD down Joe, Jeremy, and all the other contributors, until they autograph that bad boy!

I'll paypal you whenever you like! I'm psyched up! Between this and Ptolus, I'm up to my hookie in RPG goodness!

Long live Prester Ungart, my alter ego!

Ben "superfan" Waxman

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”