DCC Pantheon

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

papaholdy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC Pantheon

Post by papaholdy »

Has anyone collected up the Pantheon that has been used in the DCC adventures. And or What Gods do you all use in you Goodman World campaigns? ;-)
w_earle_wheeler
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: DCC Pantheon

Post by w_earle_wheeler »

papaholdy wrote:Has anyone collected up the Pantheon that has been used in the DCC adventures. And or What Gods do you all use in you Goodman World campaigns? ;-)
I would be interested in this as well.
Whizbang Dustyboots
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Whizbang Dustyboots »

DCC #0: Myna, Goddess of Luck
DCC #11: Crypticus, the God of Secrets (very similar to Vecna)

Aerie of the Crow God also has a goddess in it.

I seem to remember a god(dess?) of magic similar to Wee Jas, but damned if I can remember which module.
Whizbang Dustyboots
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Whizbang Dustyboots »

Aerie: Malotoch, the Crow Goddess
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Here's the list as far as I can tell.

#0: Myna, goddess of good luck
#1: the rat gods: Nattimuath, Lord of Disease & Nimlurun, Lord of Filth
#2: the Outer Gods
#3: Meelkor, god of humility and piety
#4: Coatlimict, the Xulmec god of war and undeath
#5: Malotoch, the Carrion Crow Mistress, goddess of cannibalism
#7: Pelagia, minor goddess of the sea, music, and travel
#8: Tororthun, drow goddess & Bargul, deified drow heroine
#11: Crypticus, god of secrets and forbidden lore
#12: Gorhan, god of valor & Aristemis, goddess of strategy
#13: Justicia, goddess of merciful justice & Chaotor, minor demigod of betrayal and chaos
#14: Honorus, god of might and honor

Please note I don't own or have access to DCC#3.5 or 4.5 and 17.5 hasn't arrived in my mailbox. Besides these three I think the list is complete through #21.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

No new gods in 17.5, but I did add an evil dwarven deity in "Into the Wilds."
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by mshensley »

Does anyone know if anymore deities have been mentioned since this list appeared?

JediOre wrote:Here's the list as far as I can tell.

#0: Myna, goddess of good luck
#1: the rat gods: Nattimuath, Lord of Disease & Nimlurun, Lord of Filth
#2: the Outer Gods
#3: Meelkor, god of humility and piety
#4: Coatlimict, the Xulmec god of war and undeath
#5: Malotoch, the Carrion Crow Mistress, goddess of cannibalism
#7: Pelagia, minor goddess of the sea, music, and travel
#8: Tororthun, drow goddess & Bargul, deified drow heroine
#11: Crypticus, god of secrets and forbidden lore
#12: Gorhan, god of valor & Aristemis, goddess of strategy
#13: Justicia, goddess of merciful justice & Chaotor, minor demigod of betrayal and chaos
#14: Honorus, god of might and honor

Please note I don't own or have access to DCC#3.5 or 4.5 and 17.5 hasn't arrived in my mailbox. Besides these three I think the list is complete through #21.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Well, Crypt of the Devil-Lich also had Chaotor (god of chaos, maybe madness?) and Bobugbubilz (the toadfiend, an aquatic demon).
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Both Chaotor and Bobugbubilz will show up in the DCC boxed set, among others, and will be fleshed out a bit more than their DCC module entries. And all the DCC gods are given additional epithets and titles.
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Here is a list of some of the DCC divinities that are detailed—or in the very least given mention—in the boxed set. There are, of course, plenty more not originally in a DCC to encompass the world and tie together the overall pantheon.

So this is just a smattering, but some of these names may already be familiar to DCC fans.

Ahriman
Ankaret
Aristemis
Bargúl
Bobugbubilz
Coatlimict
Delvyr
Gorhan
Ilquot
Justicia
Lagos
Malotoch
Meelkor
Myna
Narrimunth
Nimlurun
Obitu-que
Ormazd
Pelagia
Shul
Sothulth
Thormyr
Tororthun
Variag
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

Any hints as to what these fellows are the gods/goddesses of? :)
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Well, remember, these gods are only those drawn from the existing DCCs. Plenty more have been added with the boxed set. And I mean plenty! But of these existing gods, you could find out from the DCCs themselves:
  • Ahriman - Destruction, Darkness, Death
    Ankharet - Khonsuria (old sphinx empire), Sphinxes
    Aristemis - Strategy, Diplomacy
    Bargúl - Death, Undead, Drow
    Bobugbubilz - Evil Amphibians
    Coatlimict - War, Carnage, Undeath
    Delvyr - Knowledge, Learning, Light
    Gorhan - Valor, War, Chivalry
    Ilquot - Cold Waters, Retribution
    Justicia - Justice, Mercy, Defense
    Lagos - Antagonism, Reptiles, Savagery
    Malotoch - Scavengers, Ruin, Cannibalism
    Meelkor - humility [however, Meelkor is long dead]
    Myna - Chance, Circumstance, Fortune
    Narrimunâth - Disease, Rats, Vermin
    Nimlurun - Filth, Pollution
    Ormazd - Creation, Light, Prophecy
    Pelagia - Oceans, Seas, Music, Travel
    Shul - The Moon, Measurement, Tradition
    Sothulth - Paranoia, Insanity
    Thormyr - Honor, Duty, Protection
    Tororthun - Subterrane, Denizens of the Underdeep
    Variag - Ice, Winter, War
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

neat! thanks.

I was hoping for some more nonhuman deities, but I can wait for te boxed set. I hope there will be some there. :)
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Well, we actually took a different (and what I hope to be refreshing) approach to deities, though certainly not in any heavyhanded way that can't be changed by the GM.

Basically, the gods are the gods of concepts, ideologies, things, places. They're not the gods of races. For example, Ireth, the Starmistress, isn't the "goddess of elves." However, most elves do worship her because her ideals appeal to them, and in fact elves were made in her image. But plenty of non-elves worship her as well.

Contrast this with Corellon Larethian, from the Forgotten Realms. He is the god of all elfkind, and non-elves wouldn't worship him because why would they?

Another good example in the DCC worls is Tororthun, the Stone Spider, the Queen of the Damned. She's the goddess that the drow turned to, but she's not "the drow god." Rather, she's the one drow turned to and so she's probably commonly associated with her. But plenty of other subterranean-dwelling races might worship her as well.

Make sense?

The only exception to this rule are demigods. They don't fit into the grand scheme as well, since many of them are the result of experimental gods, mortals who ascended to divinity, or the offspring of gods and mortals. So there are occasions where demigods are the gods of a particular race or creature.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

Cool idea, thanks.
Animus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Animus »

Jeff LaSala wrote:Well, we actually took a different (and what I hope to be refreshing) approach to deities, though certainly not in any heavyhanded way that can't be changed by the GM.

Basically, the gods are the gods of concepts, ideologies, things, places. They're not the gods of races. For example, Ireth, the Starmistress, isn't the "goddess of elves." However, most elves do worship her because her ideals appeal to them, and in fact elves were made in her image. But plenty of non-elves worship her as well.

Contrast this with Corellon Larethian, from the Forgotten Realms. He is the god of all elfkind, and non-elves wouldn't worship him because why would they?

Another good example in the DCC worls is Tororthun, the Stone Spider, the Queen of the Damned. She's the goddess that the drow turned to, but she's not "the drow god." Rather, she's the one drow turned to and so she's probably commonly associated with her. But plenty of other subterranean-dwelling races might worship her as well.

Make sense?

The only exception to this rule are demigods. They don't fit into the grand scheme as well, since many of them are the result of experimental gods, mortals who ascended to divinity, or the offspring of gods and mortals. So there are occasions where demigods are the gods of a particular race or creature.
Makes sense? To me, perfectly. That's how I fleshed out my homebrew pantheon. More good news :D.
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Jeff LaSala wrote:Well, we actually took a different (and what I hope to be refreshing) approach to deities, though certainly not in any heavyhanded way that can't be changed by the GM.

Make sense?

I like that approach. This just keeps sounding better and better.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

What about Villum-Zhura from DCC29? Would she be considered a demi-goddess?
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

What about Villum-Zhura from DCC29?
Nope. Some DCCs, like a handful of adventures in #29, were in the making when #35 was, so they didn't all make it into the boxed set. But you'll find by far that most deities, and even demons, found mention in #35.
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Jeff LaSala wrote:
What about Villum-Zhura from DCC29?
Nope. Some DCCs, like a handful of adventures in #29, were in the making when #35 was, so they didn't all make it into the boxed set. But you'll find by far that most deities, and even demons, found mention in #35.
Maybe those from later products could be collected and presented as a download?
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
Sword Guy
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Sword Guy »

Just curious about whether there'll be detail about the monks of the Saint, and what the Saint actually is (DCC 12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics). It seems like something that could go either way, either being too small to warrant an in-depth overview, or big enough to get a place in the pantheon. That is, if Saint is a god. I'm a bit hazy on that, exactly.
DragonMech DM soon, with any luck.

Owner of all DragonMech books, Etherscope core book, and DCC 12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics.
Alarick
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Dcc pantheon questions

Post by Alarick »

ok here are some questions i have for the Dcc pantheon
1 what weapons are the clerics allowed

2what colors and armor types are they allowed

3 what holysymbols do they get
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Alarick,

The gods presented in the boxed set are like the gods in any d20 system in that they each have their own symbols and favored weapons, and their clerics can choose from a short list of domains associated with the faith.

In most cases, notable vestments, trappings, or traits of the clerics of each god are listed. Enough information to give a PC cleric a good start and a sense of their god's dogma. And good info for GM's who want a villain to serve a particular evil god as well.

Hope this helps.
Alarick
Far-Sighted Wanderer

figures of clerics for the difrent pantheons

Post by Alarick »

will they be making figures for the diffrent clerics in their pantheon i hope they do
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

Hello guys,

One of my players wants to play a cleric of a god of wealth. So far I guess Poderon is the best fit.

Are there any "as yet to be seen" gods or goddesses that are of wealth?

Jason

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”