Good Grief

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Post Reply
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Good Grief

Post by smathis » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Sorry, messed up again. Finarvyn usually bails me out of these sorts of things. I owe that guy a twelve-pack by now...

User avatar
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: the Towers of Carcosa

Re: Good Grief

Post by Ogrepuppy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm not sure why, but I think you owe me one, too. (A six-pack, that is.)

If you're giving them out.

...Just sayin'.

User avatar
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 2485
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 am
FLGS: Fair Game
Location: Chicago suburbs
Contact:

Re: Good Grief

Post by finarvyn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:12 am

smathis wrote:Sorry, messed up again. Finarvyn usually bails me out of these sorts of things. I owe that guy a twelve-pack by now...
I'll be happy to bail you out again.

Er ... how exactly did you mess up? It helps if I know what I need to fix. :P
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Good Grief

Post by smathis » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:29 am

Ogrepuppy wrote:I'm not sure why, but I think you owe me one, too. (A six-pack, that is.)

If you're giving them out.

...Just sayin'.
:lol:

smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Good Grief

Post by smathis » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:30 am

finarvyn wrote:
smathis wrote:Sorry, messed up again. Finarvyn usually bails me out of these sorts of things. I owe that guy a twelve-pack by now...
I'll be happy to bail you out again.

Er ... how exactly did you mess up? It helps if I know what I need to fix. :P
I was trying to post to the TA/TG thread but (somehow) created a new thread instead of a post on that thread. So this thread is a Thread That Should Not Be.

:(

User avatar
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 2485
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 am
FLGS: Fair Game
Location: Chicago suburbs
Contact:

Re: Good Grief

Post by finarvyn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:44 pm

smathis wrote:I was trying to post to the TA/TG thread but (somehow) created a new thread instead of a post on that thread. So this thread is a Thread That Should Not Be.
Well, I could merge the two. On the other hand, this thread has been kind of amusing on its own. :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Good Grief

Post by smathis » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:45 pm

finarvyn wrote:Well, I could merge the two. On the other hand, this thread has been kind of amusing on its own. :lol:
I wonder how many people click here expecting to find an announcement for a DCC 3PP "Very Special Charlie Brown Dungeon".

User avatar
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:30 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far, away (Missouri)

Re: Good Grief

Post by JediOre » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:30 am

smathis wrote:I wonder how many people click here expecting to find an announcement for a DCC 3PP "Very Special Charlie Brown Dungeon".
And after the player's PC have defeated the vile pumpkin beast, they look to the treasure. The DM says, "You got a rock!" :lol:

smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Good Grief

Post by smathis » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 am

JediOre wrote:And after the player's PC have defeated the vile pumpkin beast, they look to the treasure. The DM says, "You got a rock!" :lol:
:lol:

User avatar
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 2485
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 am
FLGS: Fair Game
Location: Chicago suburbs
Contact:

Re: Good Grief

Post by finarvyn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:50 pm

You have to admit, the early Peanuts cartoons are very old-school. Not very Appendix N, but definitely old school.

Charlie Brown lost its appeal with he moved on to movies and such, and the "new" Peanuts crowd wouldn't have enjoyed DCC. Lucy would have been a min-max player who would have gotten crabby with "roll 3d6 in order" and Charlie Brown would have hated the DCC rpg because of the critical spell charts. :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Good Grief

Post by smathis » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:37 pm

finarvyn wrote:You have to admit, the early Peanuts cartoons are very old-school. Not very Appendix N, but definitely old school.

Charlie Brown lost its appeal with he moved on to movies and such, and the "new" Peanuts crowd wouldn't have enjoyed DCC. Lucy would have been a min-max player who would have gotten crabby with "roll 3d6 in order" and Charlie Brown would have hated the DCC rpg because of the critical spell charts. :lol:
Ha! Charlie Brown would've just hated rolling dice period.

And Peppermint Patty would've been a killer DM. Everyone would've preferred Snoopy's game.

While Schroeder would've been the quiet guy at the table who busts out a spell or a combo that leaves everybody thumbing through a rulebook saying "Can he do that?"

Needless to say, Pigpen is the Peanuts version of Catpissman.

Jim Skach
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 pm
Location: Crystal Lake, IL

Re: Good Grief

Post by Jim Skach » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Every time...just as I'm about to hit the monster..he jumps to the side and I miss completely...

...it's called a Lucilious Marauder.

smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Good Grief

Post by smathis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Jim Skach wrote:Every time...just as I'm about to hit the monster..he jumps to the side and I miss completely...

...it's called a Lucilious Marauder.
:lol:

Post Reply

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”