Show yourself!

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Show yourself!

Post by dancross »

Hey Lurkers,

If you wouldn't mind a brief post just to let me know if there's more than two people reading this forum, that would be helpful. I want to get an idea of how many people are following these convos...

I'll start...

I'm here! :lol:
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Show yourself!

Post by StormPatriarch »

I be here. :shock: (Actually more for the deer in headlights look than real shock :lol: )
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:I be here. :shock: (Actually more for the deer in headlights look than real shock :lol: )
You failed the lurker test, and I'm glad of it. :lol:
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

*lurks*
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

I'm a lurker when I'm not posting. Does that count?
Eisenmann
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Eisenmann »

dunbruha wrote:I'm a lurker when I'm not posting. Does that count?
LOL. Same here.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Hi guys...so far you're most everybody who DOES post. :lol:

I guess the lurkers want to remain lurkers. Darn them. I'm sure there's THOUSANDS of them, eh? :roll:

We'll get there... 8)
EvilCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by EvilCat »

*lurk-lurk*, anyway.
Merit
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Merit »

Just letting yu know I'm here
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Merit wrote:Just letting yu know I'm here
I feel like the Count from sesame street ... SIX, SIX LURKERS! HA HA HA

* thunder and lightning * :lol:
Hyfaidd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hyfaidd »

Helm, uncloak
Weapons, fire!!
Helm, recloak and change position fast!
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Hyfaidd wrote:Helm, uncloak
Weapons, fire!!
Helm, recloak and change position fast!
Hey, welcome to the fray!

Did you get to take a peek at my ranged weapon stats, btw? I know you're in Stormpatriarch's game, right?
Hyfaidd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hyfaidd »

I have seen so many values for the ranges of missle weapons. I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter that much. Most ore to long for the individual target style of RPGs, based as they are on military unit fire. So the only thing that matters is that thrown weapons are shorter range than bow/crossbow and slings (if used at all) some where inbetween. Weither the longbow or crossbow is greater and seems up to the DM any way. (Since the DM defines the Laws of Physics if necessary)
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Hyfaidd wrote:I have seen so many values for the ranges of missle weapons. I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter that much. Most ore to long for the individual target style of RPGs, based as they are on military unit fire. So the only thing that matters is that thrown weapons are shorter range than bow/crossbow and slings (if used at all) some where inbetween. Weither the longbow or crossbow is greater and seems up to the DM any way. (Since the DM defines the Laws of Physics if necessary)
It was difficult to deal with, because Eldritch is written to AVOID miniature battles and precise positioning. So I really didn't want to introduce precise ranges, but I couldn't help but mention range penalties, apparently in the core rules. Thus the two tensions clashed...and range penalties were mentioned with no ranges given. How nice of us, right?

So we put that out there to fix it, and I will include ranges in the updated core rules, when that's done, but I wish I could get away with something like "farther than your thrown weapon but less far than a really, really long range"...Ha. I doubt that would EVER fly though. :lol:
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

dancross wrote:So we put that out there to fix it, and I will include ranges in the updated core rules, when that's done, but I wish I could get away with something like "farther than your thrown weapon but less far than a really, really long range"...Ha. I doubt that would EVER fly though. :lol:
It would fly not as far as a thrown weapon...
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

dunbruha wrote:
dancross wrote:So we put that out there to fix it, and I will include ranges in the updated core rules, when that's done, but I wish I could get away with something like "farther than your thrown weapon but less far than a really, really long range"...Ha. I doubt that would EVER fly though. :lol:
It would fly not as far as a thrown weapon...
Damn! :cry:
Hyfaidd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hyfaidd »

The first edition of Star Wars RPG used catagory ranges (Point blank; short; medium; long; extreme) for the starship combat. Give each weapon a max catagory; and give each catagory a modifier (based on perception mostly). Does need how long to cross the catagory, but we're doing that no more or less. (I said perception because how clearly one sees a target has more impact than just range, ex have a friend stand on the other side of a football field and "shoot" at him there and as he closes towards you)
(( I used a hex map with each hex being one of these catagories, and movement as the rules then discribed(sort of)) Worked quite well for the multi-ship player team.
JimmieBJr
Gongfarmer

Post by JimmieBJr »

I'm here, but I just got here.

So I can't be blamed for...err...whatever.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

JimmieBJr wrote:I'm here, but I just got here.

How dare you! I don't know what, but the blames gotta go someplace, right? Or, if uncomfortable with that we can all take turns with the blame. That way we all get to share. And no, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but you started it, and it's your fault. :lol:
Eisenmann
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Eisenmann »

JimmieBJr wrote:I'm here, but I just got here.

Welcome!

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”