Crew question

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Wyatt
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Crew question

Post by Wyatt »

I just got the Dragonmech core book and I have to say I love the hell out of it. However I'm running into some confusion with Crew requirements for Mechs. If it has a Crew Requirement of 1, does this mean 1 person other than the pilot? Or just one person (the pilot) in general? I apologize if it's a dumb question.
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by walrusjester »

Not a dumb question at all. The crew requirement includes the pilot, so a mech with a crew requirement of 1 means that all it needs is its pilot. Of course, if that pilot plans on being in much combat, they might want to consider feats like Mechidextrous...
DragonMech line developer, freelance writer, tall guy named Matt.
Wyatt
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Wyatt »

Alright, thank you.
Laughingcarp
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Laughingcarp »

So does that requirement include gunners? Can the preset crew man the weapons, or are more people necessary for weapons to be used?
The only difference between a mage and a young boy’s pockets is that you’ll find more candy in the child’s
-someone not me
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

Crew requirements are basically maintenance, except in man powered mechs. During combat, crew members (except on man-powered) can take any normal actions, such as piloting and gun crews. You simply have to make the crew requirement to keep the mech running on a day to day basis. A single pilot might run a colossal+ mech for a short period without crew, but would have breakdowns after a few hours.

Return to “DragonMech”