mech customization

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

modus666
Wild-Eyed Zealot

mech customization

Post by modus666 »

pg 80 of the dragonmech book states that it is is possible to improve a mech beyond the base profile in terms of strength and other statistics per the guidelines "listed below"

page 86 mentions that you can certainly build onto an existing mech (change its stats etc.) according to the guidlines "listed above"

while some things could be calculated intuitively, there are not costs or guidlines that i can find that tell you how much it costs to :

a) change the mech's strength score
b) change the mech's dexterity score

there are some indications about the limitations of those changes based on mechs one size category up or down... but nothing sayiong how much it costs or the difficulty.

some help?
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

There is a way using the existing rules to purchase these values. I sat down at one point and reviewed the mech creation process and reorganized the rules to suit.

p84, corebook, has a sidebar: Incremental Improvedments.

I sat down ages ago and started working this table out as a chart but Dragonmech took a little hiatus. The table is finished for Strength and Dexterity but I haven't done Saves, Speed or HD yet.

I would need Joseph's permission to post it. Jospeh?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

OK by me!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

There were a few confusions, so I finished the table and turned the whole bit into a PDF. You can grab it here;

http://www.brokensolaris.com/Incrementa ... ements.pdf

I added an explanation on how the table works. I just ran all the numbers for you - except you must add up the cost of each size increase you buy for one of the six stats. (Str/Dex/Fort/Ref/Speed/HD). Using these rules you could probably min/max a mech..... :)

It could be cleaned up a rewored for clarity but this should get you everything you need.

Note that this one is just for the Steam powered mechs. I haven't done any of the others - although I'm certain to get around to it.

Mark Charke
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by walrusjester »

Thanks, Mr. Charke! Your hard work is appreciated.
DragonMech line developer, freelance writer, tall guy named Matt.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Good news, Joseph just wrote me and said I could post my entire revised mech creation rules. I'm a little busy right now but in the new year I'll look at asking about putting all that stuff together into a PDF.

I started by reorganizing the existing rules. Nothing changed, I just tried to make the creation process more linear. Now I want to see if I can compress the system and create "stock" mechs and "stock" parts you can plug and play. It's fan charity work so I've got to focus on the gigs that might actually pay.

Of course, right now, there is nothing I want to work on more because I've got ideas brewing.

Mark Charke
modus666
Wild-Eyed Zealot

THANK YOU

Post by modus666 »

the math boggles me but that chart is extremely helpful; i axiously await versions for the other mech types

Return to “DragonMech”