Coming Soon... January and Beyond...

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Coming Soon... January and Beyond...

Post by Mark_Gedak »

When are we going to find out what is after "The Chronicle of the Fiend"?

- Anxious and Impatient
DaveMage
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DaveMage »

And is December the end of version 3.5 Goodman products?
DitheringFool
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DitheringFool »

The new Game Trade Magazine (no free dice this month, darn it!), comes a little blurb describing Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classic #52, due in December. " Also of note, this is the last d20 3.5 Dungeon Crawl Classic to be published".
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

DitheringFool wrote:The new Game Trade Magazine (no free dice this month, darn it!), comes a little blurb describing Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classic #52, due in December. " Also of note, this is the last d20 3.5 Dungeon Crawl Classic to be published".
/shriek
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Begin the wailing and gnashing of teeth! Sack-cloth and ashes for everyone!

Doom! Gloom!
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

good thing i got my whiterock. that's equal to like another 30 dccs. i'll be playing 3.5 for a while. let you know when my group comes up for air.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Warduke wrote:good thing i got my whiterock. that's equal to like another 30 dccs. i'll be playing 3.5 for a while. let you know when my group comes up for air.
:lol:
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

DitheringFool wrote: Also of note, this is the last d20 3.5 Dungeon Crawl Classic to be published
Makes sense. I suspect that a lot of gamers are holding off on some of their gaming purchases with the advent of 4E around the corner. For those fiending for 3.5 adventures, Castle Whiterock should keep them busy.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Goodman produce more 1E or C&C adventures to fill in some of the time gap left between 3.5 and 4.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Hamakto
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Hamakto »

Well...

I am not sold on 4e yet. So I am in a way sorry to see all the publishing houses stop the development of 3.5e products.

I just wish they would really tell us something over on the DND Insider.
Andy
Blood Kings
2007 & 2008 DCC Tourney Champion
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

I would guess since they have made the announcement that Goodman Games has heard officially from WOTC about 4e support. They will have product ready to launch with the 4e release.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

fathead wrote: I also wouldn't be surprised to see Goodman produce more 1E or C&C adventures to fill in some of the time gap left between 3.5 and 4.
Your making it sound like they might stop doing C&C stuff once 4th is out. I hope that isn't the case. I'll be playing C&C long past 4th, 5th, and 10th editions of D&D.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

CharlieRock wrote:
fathead wrote: I also wouldn't be surprised to see Goodman produce more 1E or C&C adventures to fill in some of the time gap left between 3.5 and 4.
Your making it sound like they might stop doing C&C stuff once 4th is out. I hope that isn't the case. I'll be playing C&C long past 4th, 5th, and 10th editions of D&D.
Nah. I'm sure that Goodman Games will continue to produce 1E modules and C&C modules after 4E comes out. I'm just suggesting that January-June is a bit of a stretch without any gaming products churning through the Goodman Games mill, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more 1E and C&C modules...
Dark Oracle of Gaming
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

fathead wrote:
CharlieRock wrote:
Nah. I'm sure that Goodman Games will continue to produce 1E modules and C&C modules after 4E comes out. I'm just suggesting that January-June is a bit of a stretch without any gaming products churning through the Goodman Games mill, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more 1E and C&C modules...
That's cool. Gives me some time to collect the DCCs/Complete Guides that are missing from my collection. Well, come to think of it I got forever now. I also pounce on C&C versions to ones I already have because converting, while easy, necesitates a stack of notes to keep while running. In addition to my luxurious pile I usually accumulate. And I like to stand and walk around the table with my clipboard while running a game. So I can see everything (big battlemat). Something that cuts down on my clutter is worth buying a duplicate adventure for.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

fathead wrote:...I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more 1E and C&C modules...
Dan called it. There are writers working feverishly as we speak.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

Harley Stroh wrote:
fathead wrote:...I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more 1E and C&C modules...

//H
EXCELLENT! :twisted:

M
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Harley Stroh wrote: Dan called it.
Ha ha! Awesome! I'll PM you my home address. Have Adrian send me my No Prize. I'll wait anxiously for its arrival.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Yeah, the freaking Dark Oracle of Gaming hath spoken...

I'm shipping the No-Prize from the warehouse riiiiiight...NOW!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Harley Stroh wrote:

//H
Yahoo! :mrgreen:
DaveMage
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DaveMage »

Well, I'm going to miss buying DCCs after December, but thank you, Goodman Games, very much for giving me so much adventuring goodness over the last few years!
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I'm definitely thrilled to hear about the 1E and C&C modules. With C&C both are almost equally good in terms of running them.

For the record I'll still be buying 4E stuff. I think that 4E is going to be as easy to convert as 3E is.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

DitheringFool wrote:The new Game Trade Magazine (no free dice this month, darn it!), comes a little blurb describing Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classic #52, due in December. " Also of note, this is the last d20 3.5 Dungeon Crawl Classic to be published".
Story of my life. I latch onto a really high quality product a few weeks before it stops producing what I want.

Never mind, as someone above pointed out, I shall have fun collecting the 40 or so 3.5ed adventures that I don't yet have (one of which is Castle Whiterock). That little lot should keep me and my group busy for a while :P

Frank
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

frank5471uk wrote:
Story of my life. I latch onto a really high quality product a few weeks before it stops producing what I want.

Never mind, as someone above pointed out, I shall have fun collecting the 40 or so 3.5ed adventures that I don't yet have (one of which is Castle Whiterock). That little lot should keep me and my group busy for a while :P

Frank
I'm missing quite a few myself. I'll be rounding out my collection for some while.
Chuul Killer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Chuul Killer »

Yeah, more C&C modules!!! Read the DCC Smugglers Cove for C&C and loved it, DCC's & C&C play well together, on that thought have you guys (goodman games) considered to try a WFF verision of a C&C module, both "systems" (or styles?) seem to enjoy and give thumbs up to house rules, any chance of this in the future?
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Chuul Killer wrote:Yeah, more C&C modules!!! Read the DCC Smugglers Cove for C&C and loved it, DCC's & C&C play well together, on that thought have you guys (goodman games) considered to try a WFF verision of a C&C module, both "systems" (or styles?) seem to enjoy and give thumbs up to house rules, any chance of this in the future?
If you guys hurry there is a "e-coupon" in Signs & Portents #50(the Mongoose fangazine). It is 25% off C&C DCCs. I don't have the link for it. But here is the link to Mongoose's website:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/ ... &qsSeries=

(actually that is the link to S&P#50 :wink: )

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”