Question: DCC #48 - The Adventure Continues...

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Question: DCC #48 - The Adventure Continues...

Post by Mark_Gedak »

Can anyone tell my what the adventures are called in this anthology and a one sentence ad blurb for each.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Check out this link:

http://www.goodman-games.com/5028preview.php

Scroll on down, and it's broken down by author and synopsis.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mark_Gedak »

That it does, but is there a similar list for DCC #48 somewhere as well.[/b]
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

HA! Awesome...I completely misread that.

Can anyone help this man out?
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Noted... we'll get something like this up soon.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

You wanted one-paragraph descriptions, but since I'm at work I don't have the time to type that much. I kept them intentionally vague to avoid spoilers.

I also attempted to provide a location in Aereth when I could determine one, although I don't have access to the maps currently (I'm at work.)

I did these on my lunch break, so if they seem kinda flimsy Mr. Goodman & Co. can provide more detail or edit this post as needed. :wink:

Dungeon Crawl Classics #48: The Adventure Continues

Madness at the Mutilated Oak, by Ken Hart
Find a missing bard within an odd landscape in the town of Cillamar. 6th level.

Ghosts of the Mastodon Clan, by Brendan LaSalle
Rescue a kindnap victim and vanquish a local bandit in the chilly Trolltooth Mountains. 4th - 6th level.

Hero's End, by Stephen S Greer
Escape an unusual demiplane by gathering two gate tokens in unique locations. (May be tied in with DCC #38: Escape from the Forest of Lanterns.) 4th - 6 level.

Tide of Evil, by Eric Artis
Vanquish a trio of sea hags tormening a nearby village on the shore of the Southern Province. 4th level.

Mistfall, by Mike Ferguson
The source of streams and rivers within the Amn'crith Forest, which supplies humanoid settlements with fresh water, has dried up. Why? 4th - 6 level.

Yellow Jade Heart, by Jeremy Simmons
Overcome a series of challenges within the cliffside tomb of a legendary warrior-queen to recover a relic, long thought to be missing, in the Saramanthian lowlands. 4th - 6 level.

The Nightmare Closet, by Jeff LaSala
Cross the threshold into a nightmare dungeon festering within a wealthy Criestine noble's mansion. 8th level.

Dale of the Dead, by Ruth Lampi
Investigate a Criestine village in the Warderwood where death holds no sway over the mysterious inhabitants. 4th - 6th level.

Like Clockwork, by Jason Little
Gnomish murders in Kareth are terrifying the inhabitants of the city--the PCs need to stop the killer! 4th - 6th level.

The Crawling Tower, by Phillip Larwood
Prevent a massive, mobile tower from destroying a village and vanquish the dwellers within it's stony walls. (By the nature of the adventure, there is no set location for this. May be tied in with DCC #10: The Sunless Garden or DCC #23: The Sunken Ziggurat.) 5th - 6th level.

Fortune's Folly, by Ed Gentry and Lara Gose
Breach the tomb of the eccentric known as Fortune. He challenged others to plumb the depths of his hidden cache on the western coast of the Isle of Tlahuaco. 4th level.

The Snare of the Shadow Sylphs, by Jessica Van Oort
Escape the bramble maze of the Queen of the Sylphs within the wildest regions of the Mirdar Forest. 4th - 6th level.

Scourge of the Wasp Lord, by Justin Sipla, PhD
Recover an ancient relic of Thire to end the infestation of giant wasps in an underground lair southeast of Hath Hall. 4th - 6th level.

The Ruby of Rak'shaz, by Artem V. Serebrennikov
When a long-hidden tomb is opened in dusty Xa Deshret, rumors of the treasures within tempt and seduce the PCs...but there is a greater evil afoot. 4th - 6th level.

Vale of the Indus, by B. Matthew Conklin III and Greg Oppedisano
Purge the taint of evil from the lost Valley of Indus in the steaming jungles of Sahaptia, and prevent the re-awakening of the dread Avatar of Askesis. 3rd - 5th level.

Each adventure has maps of the locations and occasionally player handouts, just as DCC #29 did.

The appendix describes new monsters.
Argamae
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Argamae »

GREAT! Thank you, Ogrepuppy! :D
The lucky guy who gets to translate DCCs into German!
Done so far:
DCC#1, DCC #11, DCC #28, DCC #17, DCC #17.5 :)
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Here's the official write-ups, just click below:

http://www.goodman-games.com/5047preview.php

....which I'm man enough to admit are actually superior to my own attempted write-ups... :oops:
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I'll definitely buy this. Great level range too.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Treebore wrote:I'll definitely buy this. Great level range too.
Agreed - and I'm fairly certain that those of us with Goodman subscriptions will be receiving this as one of the items. :P Yay!
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

When?

Post by joela »

Treebore wrote:I'll definitely buy this. Great level range too.
Have The Adventure Begins and Continues definitely is on my list to buy. However, when is it going to be available at the stores? I checked both Amazon/Borders and Barnes and Noble and all they state is "October" :(
What do you mean no?
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Indeed. I am driving my LGS owner crazy calling all the time; "Is DCC #48 in yet?"
Roll for initiative!!!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, it's still at the printer. It's a long story. If we're lucky it *might* hit stores the very last week of October. Worst case, first week of November.

By the way, Castle Whiterock touched US soil on Wednesday. It is slowly moving inland as I type this!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

TAC

Post by joela »

goodmangames wrote:Yes, it's still at the printer. It's a long story. If we're lucky it *might* hit stores the very last week of October. Worst case, first week of November.
Thanks for the update, Mr. Goodman. That's all I really needed to know. Now I can enter the bookstores/hobby shops w/o a sense of "where the fudge is The Adventure Continues?!?" :P
goodmangames wrote: By the way, Castle Whiterock touched US soil on Wednesday. It is slowly moving inland as I type this!

Thanks. I'm still debating if I want to purchase it or Shackled City first.
What do you mean no?
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: TAC

Post by Ogrepuppy »

joela wrote:I'm still debating if I want to purchase it or Shackled City first.
:: splutters ::

Gah! Heresey! Infidel!

(was that a little over the top?)
Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

Gah! Heresey! Infidel!

Not at all....not at all....
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

too much

Post by joela »

Chris McCoy wrote:

Gah! Heresey! Infidel!

Not at all....not at all....
Sure it was. He nearly severed my head off :P
What do you mean no?
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

goodmangames wrote:Yes, it's still at the printer. It's a long story. If we're lucky it *might* hit stores the very last week of October. Worst case, first week of November.

By the way, Castle Whiterock touched US soil on Wednesday. It is slowly moving inland as I type this!
Whew! Thanks for saying. I thought I was in a waking nightmare. I went down to my LGS (nice, Slithering Overlord C&C :D). There was #49 and #50. Somehow I got transported to a Twilight Zone where #48 was forever out of my reach.

Then I checked back at this forum and feel much better. Looking forward to Whiterock as well.
Roll for initiative!!!
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Soon

Post by joela »

Only one more week to go. Yay!

Actually, it'll probably be a bit longer since since B&N and Borders usually get rpg stuff weeks after the FLGSs receive their shipments.
What do you mean no?
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Soon

Post by CharlieRock »

joela wrote:
Only one more week to go. Yay!

Actually, it'll probably be a bit longer since since B&N and Borders usually get rpg stuff weeks after the FLGSs receive their shipments.
I've been waiting for this one. I NEED DCC#48 .... I really do
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

Quick question... is this one going to be a hardback like DCC 29: The Adventure Begins?

Moriarty the Red
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

DCC #48 is indeed hardback. It just shipped from the printer last week and will be in stores the week of November 12 (finally).
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

goodmangames wrote:DCC #48 is indeed hardback. It just shipped from the printer last week and will be in stores the week of November 12 (finally).
Hawt Damm!!!

:mrgreen:
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

Thanks for confirming that... and thanks for the update!

M
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Will there ever be a part three of this series?

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”