Another DCC 14 Question

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Another DCC 14 Question

Post by gmdave »

************Spoilers - Players do not read***********************
************Spoilers - Players do not read

My players have been slowly going through these interconnecting scenarios. While they have been adventuring they have acquired several of the lenses need for Skullshank to build his device. My question is, How is he able to build his device again with the PC's still having several of the lenses gained in part 1 & 2? What would happen if the PC's just destroy the lenses they currently have (Which is what they are thinking about doing)? Is Skullshank able to replace the lenses that were in Part 1 & 2? Last Question, I am about to start #5 - Where on the map is the tower located?

Thanks
Dave
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

If I'm not mistaken (I'd have to pull up the manuscript to review) there are some conditions for the final confrontation that show weakened states for the final big bad contraption if the players have been successful in getting their hands on some of the lenses before Skullshank could... The big end boss battle will be tilted in favor of the group thanks to their efforts.

As for the Sinking Spire question -- are you asking where in the Known Worlds/DCC Campaign Setting the tower is? The module was written before the geography for the Campaign Setting and maps were created - it could have been overlooked among all the other items to add to the maps.

As such, you have complete GM fiat to place the spire and its surrounding environs anywhere you want! :)
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

Thanks for the info. I have not read the last section yet. from the sound of it does not sound like it will make any difference if they destroy the lenses or not. Skullshank will still build the device, just a little weaker.

Thanks again for responding to my question. :D

Dave

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”