Clerics & their Gods- any books?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Clerics & their Gods- any books?

Post by Blood Axe »

Wizards and patrons get lots of love. I have two books full and several pdfs of different Patrons.

Any book on Clerics & Gods? Some background, art, maybe a unique spell, customs, sacrifices, rules & beliefs. Im looking for a book for DCC RPG. I already have books of Gods for other games that I could work myself. Im looking to skip out on that work. :D

Thanks.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Clerics & their Gods- any books?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Blood Axe wrote:Wizards and patrons get lots of love. I have two books full and several pdfs of different Patrons.

Any book on Clerics & Gods? Some background, art, maybe a unique spell, customs, sacrifices, rules & beliefs. Im looking for a book for DCC RPG. I already have books of Gods for other games that I could work myself. Im looking to skip out on that work. :D

Thanks.
You will love the Annual.

There are two volumes of Divinities and Cults.

https://dcctreasures.blogspot.com/2016/ ... cults.html
https://dcctreasures.blogspot.com/2017/ ... me-ii.html

There is also The Crimson Void.

https://dcctreasures.blogspot.com/2016/ ... -void.html
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Thank you. I have backed the Annual luckily. Im looking for fantasy Gods rather than historical. But maybe those two books maybe give me some ideas.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Blood Axe wrote:Thank you. I have backed the Annual luckily. Im looking for fantasy Gods rather than historical. But maybe those two books maybe give me some ideas.
The Annual is going to contain material that you will enjoy.

The Crimson Void is a fantasy god.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Ozerulz
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Gamers Haven

Post by Ozerulz »

How do you back the annual and get a copy?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Ozerulz wrote:How do you back the annual and get a copy?
The Kickstarter is long over, so there's no way to back it now.

Once the backers have their copies, it will be available on the usual retail channels...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Post by BanjoJohn »

I love the kickstarting of stuff, but gosh it does leave a large gap of time between when I want to get the stuff to when I can actually get it, if I didn't back the kickstarter at the time but then get excited about the product after the kickstarter ends but before its released.

I experienced this both with lankmar and now the annual.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Blood Axe wrote:Wizards and patrons get lots of love. I have two books full and several pdfs of different Patrons.

For things such as sacrifices, rules, beliefs, check out Donn Stroud's Lesser Key to the Celestial Legion. From the blurb:
Have you ever wanted to add weird religious elements to your game? Have you wanted to add strange heralds of the gods who appear dramatically to guide and boss your PCs around? Have you wished for more gods than offered in other books, wanted to create your own, or just add a little flourish to the gods you already know? This book can help with all this and more.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ThickSkullAdv wrote:For things such as sacrifices, rules, beliefs, check out Donn Stroud's Lesser Key to the Celestial Legion.
This is a book I love!
SoBH pbp:

Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
ThickSkullAdv wrote:For things such as sacrifices, rules, beliefs, check out Donn Stroud's Lesser Key to the Celestial Legion.
This is a book I love!
Any reviews? There is no preview.
$8.99 36 page pdf. Any print copies?
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Blood Axe wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:
This is a book I love!
Any reviews? There is no preview.
$8.99 36 page pdf. Any print copies?
Honestly, I'd recommend reaching out to Donn Stroud directly on this with any questions - he'd probably send you a sample file or something. You can find him via Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts.

I know they did do both print and pdf.

Cheers!
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Thanks I'll check it out. It sounds good. I still hope there will be a book on Gods/Clerics some time. There are already two Patron books and plenty others around. Detailed Deities? Not really. Very very few.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Blood Axe wrote:Thanks I'll check it out. It sounds good. I still hope there will be a book on Gods/Clerics some time. There are already two Patron books and plenty others around. Detailed Deities? Not really. Very very few.
Well, not sure if you checked out your PDF copy of The Annual yet, but there are detailed write ups of 7 dieties in there:
  • Cadixtat
  • Daenthar
  • The Hidden Lord
  • Justicia
  • Malotocht
  • Pelagia
  • Shul
...each with it's own customized Lay On Hands, Divine Favors (similar to cantrips specific to that god, Disapproval tables, clerical titles, and canticles (similar to Patron spells).

You should definitely peruse that if you get a chance.

Cheers!
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

I didn't look at the pdf yet. Im a backer but didnt even notice it released.

On another note i did order that Celestial Key book. The creator is a very nice fellow.
herecomethejudge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by herecomethejudge »

What about details on the "starter" gods for clerics per the Core Rules: Ildavir, Daenthar, etc? Seems sensible to have info on these available to players for better PC depth and roleplaying.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

herecomethejudge wrote:What about details on the "starter" gods for clerics per the Core Rules: Ildavir, Daenthar, etc? Seems sensible to have info on these available to players for better PC depth and roleplaying.
Daenthar gets a write up, as do the other "starter" gods from the DCC core rule book mentioned above. Perhaps JG is saving the other gods for a future version of the Annual?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ThickSkullAdv wrote:
herecomethejudge wrote:What about details on the "starter" gods for clerics per the Core Rules: Ildavir, Daenthar, etc? Seems sensible to have info on these available to players for better PC depth and roleplaying.
Daenthar gets a write up, as do the other "starter" gods from the DCC core rule book mentioned above. Perhaps JG is saving the other gods for a future version of the Annual?
Actually, I am pretty sure that the Daenthar write-up is the best of the lot..... :lol: :twisted:
SoBH pbp:

Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
ThickSkullAdv wrote:
Actually, I am pretty sure that the Daenthar write-up is the best of the lot..... :lol: :twisted:

I bet it is! :D

It will also be nice to see how the Gods are presented, what info is included, etc. So members will come up with their own to share just like with the Wizard Patrons. Some Patrons may be deities also.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Finally looked over the pdf of the Annual (im a backer!) and it is everything I hoped and dreamed of.....and more!! Really AWESOME work.

Gods & Clerics fully detailed.
more cool Patrons for Wizards. Including those freaks from the adventure #80 Intrigue at the Court of Chaos! and more....
Patron magic items.
Magic items
Monsters
tons of neat stuff.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Blood Axe wrote:Finally looked over the pdf of the Annual (im a backer!) and it is everything I hoped and dreamed of.....and more!! Really AWESOME work.

Gods & Clerics fully detailed.
more cool Patrons for Wizards. Including those freaks from the adventure #80 Intrigue at the Court of Chaos! and more....
Patron magic items.
Magic items
Monsters
tons of neat stuff.
Nice! Glad you liked it! I know it was a long time coming, but I think it is a great addition to the DCC family.

Return to “DCC RPG General”