Zines print run size

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BGilkison
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Yottaquest

Zines print run size

Post by BGilkison »

For those of you who have published zines, or are planning to, can you please tell what the print run (count) of your issue #1 was/is? Trying to get an idea so our team can get some cost estimates from a printer...
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Zines print run size

Post by GnomeBoy »

Hi -- I answered this on the fb post you put up, but it might be easier to go into more detail here...

For the Working Class Alphabet, I printed 100, but discovered a bone-headed error afterwards.... :roll: I subsequently printed up another 70 corrected versions. Those sold out in about a month or so, while the so-called "glitched edition" has sold some (at a reduced price), but not as many copies. Which reminds me I need to get some pictures of the 'glitch' so folks can see it's not all that bad...

For Night Soil #0, I printed 125 copies. They've been selling, but maybe only 1/4 of them are gone so far...

Both of those were released this year. I don't know if that's still early days, or if they've "come and gone" -- but I have noticed when I put out something new, there's a bump in previous products, so I have hope they will continue to move.

Are you on Google+ at all? There is a DCC RPG 3PP discussion group there: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 8564548274
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
BGilkison
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BGilkison »

GnomeBoy wrote:Hi -- I answered this on the fb post you put up, but it might be easier to go into more detail here...
I put up a Facebook post about this? Man, is my memory going... :lol:
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Whoa! You mean someone else just asked the same thing coincidentally!?!??!1!??! :lol:
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

BGilkison
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BGilkison »

GnomeBoy wrote:Whoa! You mean someone else just asked the same thing coincidentally!?!??!1!??! :lol:
I wonder if it's my buddy whom I'm working on the zine with? Can you post where you saw it? A PM is fine if you think that's necessary
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

T'was a post by Trevor Stamper. I can't figure out how to link to just that specific post...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dccrpgrocks

BGilkison
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BGilkison »

GnomeBoy wrote:T'was a post by Trevor Stamper. I can't figure out how to link to just that specific post...
Yep, that's my friend :-)
BernieTheFlumph
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by BernieTheFlumph »

It's my first zine, but for Crepuscular #1, I went through my first print run of 30 pretty quickly. I did a second print run of 25, and I still have several left.
(This doesn't include the batch Goodman bought for the GG store.)
-Josh Burnett-
Bernie the Flumph

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”