Funnel Game: MUTATIS MUNDI....

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

StoneShield33
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Game Empire

Re: Funnel Game: MUTATIS MUNDI....

Post by StoneShield33 »

Init:6

Having carefully cased the cart, Deepwell is going to assume that the appearance of a well timed distraction, is a clear sign that he should "borrow" the most valuable item from the cart and try to take cover. He rolled a 20(19+1) on int and a 17 on dex(let me know if you want other rolls for this action).

Ray, thinking surprisingly quick, will roll under the cart and try to stab the beast on it's undercarriage, when it engages with the vehicle. 16 to hit(6 damage).
Ducaster
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.

Post by Ducaster »

Init 10

"Whe wher what the blazes is thaat!" Rodney splutters from acoss the road as the maddened dog thing charges.

"More threats yer lordship!" Quips Lupin. "How 'bout standing up fer the common man this time m'lord!" He adds under his breath. Grabbing his pitchfork and setting it butt down the noble (if suicidal) farmer hunkered down to try and receive the things charge... (rolled 11 to hit not sure if I can get a set modifier or anything like it - leave that to you boss)

Rodney couldn't believe his eyes. More hideous things disturbing the peace of the manor. Well this time the House of du Stutterinslay would not be found wanting. Grabbing out his sword he strode next to the Farmer ready to dispatch the ungodly beast. (Basically take a swipe got me a 9 so probably not..)
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-cont ... 3.4.18.pdf
dsmith14469
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Game Craze

Post by dsmith14469 »

Init: 12

"Confound it Wilbure snap out of it" shouts Rurik as Wilbure stares confused at this thing bearing down on the cart, he looks at Quips at how he is planting is pitchfork and does the same thing with a goofy grin on his face. Hit: 9 (damage: 5 if successful)

Rurik will attempt to slow the beast down by throwing his net in its general direction. Hit: 16
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12 (current 11), Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11 (current 9), Shovel +0(1d4)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

The beast lopes toward the crowd around the cart, it's tongue lolling and flapping. It leaps over Wilbury's horse, like it's playing leapfrog and crashes to the ground on the other side of it,

Mordecai tries to jab it, comes close but misses (unless you want to spend 2 Luck...)

Lyle scrambles up onto the top of the cart, but when the dogthing jumps the horse, the horse get scared and tries to dart off away from the thing... Lyle needs to make an Agility check vs. a DC 10 or fall to the ground losing his next action and taking 1 point of damage on a 1-in-3.

Wilbure plants his pitchfork, but has it the wrong way round! A miss. (Unless you want to spend 3 Luck and whip that pitchfork around like lightning!)

Rurik hurls his net and snags the beast! The creature tumbles in the net, trying to stop itself with it's oversized paws...

Lupin with his pitchfork set, also barely misses the creature (unless you want to spend 1 Luck).

Rodney with his sword flails at the thing -- and can make a solid hit of it at the cost of 4 Luck...

Ray stabs the creature from his low position as it tumbles by him! However, the cart rolling away just might remove his arm! Make an Agility check vs. a DC 13, failing that take 1d8 minus 5 points of damage!

The creature skids to a halt on it's side, panting and whimpering a couple of times. It strikes you all that this thing, while strange and oversized, is more puppy-like than hound-like... It's running toward the sounds of the iron pans striking each other was a more playful sort of run and it's tongue hanging out was like a dog's smile...

However, with a wound in it's side it's mood changes and while it's liquid cyst eyes convey nothing, it adopts an unmistakably threatening, tooth-bearing "grin"...

Let's see if anyone is spending Luck before we move on to Round Two...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ducaster
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Ducaster »

GnomeBoy wrote:Let's see if anyone is spending Luck before we move on to Round Two...
Yeah I think Lupin will burn one point but Rodney can klutz it up (again) if that's now a success I got a 5 for damage.
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-cont ... 3.4.18.pdf
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

So yes, that's now a very solid hit.

Amending things above: The creature is quite injured, bleeding from two sizable wounds, but aiming to get up and take you all on, it staggers to it's feet!

...unless there's more Luck burning going on... :mrgreen:
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

StoneShield33
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by StoneShield33 »

Ray rolled a 1...and had 3 hit points...
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Not gonna "push my Luck" just yet, but Lyle passes his Agility check by 4:
Lyle: Agi=14

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

StoneShield33 wrote:Ray rolled a 1...and had 3 hit points...
...a d8 minus 5 could be less than 3 hp... :wink:

Or did you roll that, too, and he died...?

StoneShield33
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by StoneShield33 »

Sorry, I read that wrong. Rolled a 4.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

StoneShield33 wrote:Sorry, I read that wrong. Rolled a 4.
So... 4 minus 5 means no damage! :D

StoneShield33
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by StoneShield33 »

Sweet! Maybe his ex-wife was wrong. Was Deepwell able to "borrow" anything from the cart?
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

StoneShield33 wrote:Sweet! Maybe his ex-wife was wrong. Was Deepwell able to "borrow" anything from the cart?
Oh right!

Deepwell scored a really choice dutch oven in the confusion...

StoneShield33
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by StoneShield33 »

Does it have a lid and could I use it as a shield...?
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

StoneShield33 wrote:Does it have a lid and could I use it as a shield...?
It does and you can certainly try! :twisted:

StoneShield33
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by StoneShield33 »

Deepwell, having seen the creature's eyes, decides he must get better look. He places the lid in front of himself with both hands and charges at the enemy. Let me know what you want me to roll for this, if anything.

Ray, positive it was over for him, realizes he still draws breath. This gives him an unhealthy amount of confidence. He rolls from beneath the cart, stands, points his spear at the creature, yells,"you just stepped into the wrong Dungeon" and charges the beast. 5 to hit(3 damage).
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

If we are declaring next actions, then...

With a self-assured smile, Lyle brandishes his razor and attempts to leap upon the hampered beast and slit its throat...
Lyle: Agi=8 (if needed) att-1=7, dmg-1=0
Mordecai swings his staff mightily overhead to end this affront to decency...
Mordecai: att+1=20, dmg+1=2

Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yes, let's get initiatives from everybody, and declarations for Round Two from those who haven't declared...

StoneShield33
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by StoneShield33 »

Init: 13

For Deepwell and Ray.
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Oh, we're doing initiative each round? In that case:
Init=13

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:Oh, we're doing initiative each round?
Yep. Fog of war style.

Ducaster
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Ducaster »

OOC: Whups am I behind?
Ok lets see Inti = 18 whoo hoo!
Given its nature I think both of mine will just dogpile it.

IC: Shocked to see the thing rise to its feet (albeit a triful unsteadily) Lupins' eyes narrowed as he charges at the critter pitchfork lowered.. "Power to the oppressed!" he screamed not quite knowing why... (14 to hit, 6 Damage if confirmed)

Rodney shook the creatures disgusting blood from where it has spurted on him as the peasents fork had pieced its side. Determined not to be upstaged again he took a mighty two handed swing at the thing trying to take its head off in one redeeming blow! (annd rolls a 3..... I guess there is a huge crit against the nearby grass as a result.)
dsmith14469
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dsmith14469 »

No luck spent for Wilbure.

Init: 6
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12 (current 11), Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11 (current 9), Shovel +0(1d4)
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

The ogre-puppy staggers to it's oversized paws, struggling in the net. However, opening it's mouth wide, one by one it's teeth ~plink~ out through the weave of the net like savage daggers.

It staggers and lists, ensnared as it is, but suddenly lunges a few feet and snaps at Lupin!

Rolling a d16 instead of a d20, owing to the net, it still hits a 14! and does 3 points of damage!

But Lupin's pitchfork is sinking in even as he is being bit, and Mordecai's staff crashes down on the beast as well, confirming it is dead.

Another strange creature, another day of mayhem...

[More later today.]

dsmith14469
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dsmith14469 »

Rurik will slowly and carefully remove the net and then spend time cleaning and fixing it if needed.

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”