Slavers documents

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: trig

Slavers documents

Post by losloris »

Would appreciate your help, if possible.

I will be sending the party against some slavers and wonder if someone has a link or stockpile of miscellaneous documents slavers would be sharing back and forth. Anything like how many went from here to there, decent prices, conditions and such. I wish to hide pertinent information within the documents the party will find. All part of that "rewards can be story driven" strategy

Also, I am completely lost on how an item invested with a Power Word works, in the case Pain.

much obliged

Losloris
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Slavers documents

Post by GnomeBoy »

If it were me, I'd just google "trade contracts" and maybe put "18th Century" in there or something... I don't know what your game world is like, but I don't suppose there was much in the way of paper contracts in Medieval times, but then, games aren't history, so, yeah. I can understand wanting to hide clues right under the players' noses.

Power Word is a spell, right? I think it's like any other trapped object -- it goes off if you touch it or do the wrong thing with it or don't have the password or etc.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by losloris »

I have put two documents together. One is lifted almost verbatim from the Slavers series, the other a decent note that is very specific to our campaign and, really, the loot of our next adventure.

It is difficult to imagine a place where these types of documents could be stored for use and modification. I hope you are able to create such documents, letters and such that happen between villains and foes for your party to discover. Mine are available should there be interest.

So, on a different tangent, is there a resource that provides an overview for DCC modules, something that indicates both level and setting (i.e. city, forest, dungeon)?

Losloris
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Here is a link to the Goodman Games 2006 Catalog in PDF:

http://goodman-games.com/downloads/2006-Catalog.pdf

Page 15 has a sidebar listing adventures from the 3x Era (so far, at the time) by level, with notations for whether they have Urban, Aquatic, etc. elements in them.

I know there was a later chart of some kind, perhaps from the 2007 Catalog, which was more comprehensive and laid out so you could easily spot all the adventures which were desert-themed, for example -- but in a quick search, I cannot find it...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by losloris »

Thanks for the link. I plan to run my crew in the to find a king series and see plenty of opportunity for inject DCC material/setting en route for the quest.

Losloris
losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by losloris »

Just so you know;

I was in fact using the slavers series, A2. N the first compendium module there was a letter announcing someone's accession to a great rank within the 9. We found that letter which lead to our going to A2. I created a similar type document, a letter written by Markesa, that tied all of our various threads over the past four years together. The party very successfully stormed the stockade (one of those occasions where at every turn they made the right decision), culminating with catching Markesa in her private room wherein there was her letter, very freshly written. The affect was tremendous. For the session we had (our usual) hour of warm up, then two and half hours of play followed by three hours of strategising based upon the impact of the letter. It was amazing to see how the actual loot, the sword of, the ring of, the gems and cash, were completely ignored in favour of figuring out all the many threads this letter touched upon.

This was the best treasure haul!!

Losloris

Return to “Judges' Forum”